Sunday, February 24, 2013

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, THE QUEEN OF SHEBA?

My dad would say to me, “Who do you think you are, the Queen of Sheba?” That was when I wanted to order the most expensive thing on the menu. I didn’t know then but I could have said, “Yes, according to the Bible I have authority like a queen.

Romans 5:17 says: “They which receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” Making Jesus Christ our Lord enables us to reign like a king or queen. We reign over our own lives with our faith words and corresponding actions.

The Bible is filled with all kinds of people in all kinds of circumstances with all kinds of needs, desires, and hopes because God planned it that way. Every kind of situation that mankind could get into is covered and there is a passage of scripture for every single thing we could desire. And
God will give us the desires of our hearts, (Ps 37:4). Getting them to manifest often means that we need to take charge over our rebellious minds.

The other day I was claiming my God-given right to be trusting and at peace about my work and finances. I was praying, “I cast my care on you Lord because you care about me. (1 Pet 5:7) You always take care of my work.”

My mind was fighting this truth and wanted me to worry instead. But my actions were following my heart. The next morning I just felt like I should go pick up the sweatshirt I left at my friend’s shop. The idea didn’t come from my mind, but from somewhere deeper in me. I went to get the sweatshirt and when I got there my friend had work for me. Then I went up to the paint store to get some supplies and walked out with another job. I was thrilled to see that my actions were following the Spirit of God reigning in me, and not my doubtful, worried mind. I had to tell my mind to quit worrying, start lining up with my heart, and believe the actions coming from my heart. “My spirit is reigning, so get in obedience.”

We reign like queens and kings when we yield to the Holy Spirit within us. Having God-given authority we bring good things to pass for ourselves and others.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment