Wednesday, February 12, 2014

STOP TRYING TO BE SO (bleep) INDEPENDENT - BV7


My friend Robert related his story with me and said I could share it. So many of us need to be reminded of the principles he shared.

“My back was really messed up. I couldn't walk, sit, or stand for more than a few minutes at a time. I asked God to help me see what I was doing wrong and he took me to the record about Jacob wrestling with the angel. He told me this is what I had been doing for 30 years! I cried like a baby. All that time I thought I was "believing God" but I was actually doing everything myself and it caught up with me.

I had wondered why Jacob was saying he wouldn't let the angel go until he got the blessing, when I knew his father had given him the blessing years earlier. The name Jacob meant supplanter or someone who was a hustler, while Israel meant "favored of God." For Jacob to receive the blessing he had to change from doing things himself to relying on God’s favor. This is why the angel changed Jacob’s name to Israel. It took me 30 years to get that, but I'm SO thankful to God for not giving up on me!

One of the greatest lessons I learned from that experience was that when we ask for God’s help we have to be willing to do what He says. All I wanted at first was to be healed so I could continue just as I had been. But when I asked God to show me what I needed to do to be healed he spent the next 7 months showing me where my believing was wrong so I wouldn't throw away my healing when I received it!

He's got the wisdom if we will just listen. I'd have to say that it was the greatest experience of my entire life and one that I will never forget. In a lot of ways we are just kids in way too much of a hurry to grow up and we don't take time to listen.

By the way, once He showed me this, I asked what I should do next and He told me who to call. I called and asked this person to minister to me. They did and my back was healed instantly! It took God about 7 months of working with me to bring me to that point. He truly does give more grace to the humble.”

Love, Carolyn

My book WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH is available on Amazon under my name. If you like my stories, I think you’ll like the book even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment