Sunday, November 2, 2014

HANDLING CHRONIC PROBLEMS

THE FIRST STEP TO HANDLING CHRONIC PROBLEMS
I was emotionally distraught and I tried to ignore the problem and didn’t want to talk about it. I told myself I had already handled it. But it just kept brewing inside me. I tried to talk myself down but logic and reasoning didn’t work.

Keeping problems buried or bottled up inside of us isn’t healthy. They eventually come out. Unfortunately they can wreak havoc in our physical bodies and cause heart problems, nerve problems like shingles, and many other physical sicknesses and diseases. Pent-up emotions can distract and disrupt our minds and interfere with our spiritual life as well.

When we’re hurting, we actually need to talk out loud to the Lord or to a Christian friend who exhibits the Christ within—someone who doesn’t judge us. James 4:16 says you can “confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.”

It helps some people to write out what is bothering them even before saying anything out loud. Seeing it written in one’s own words sometimes helps identify the real problem.

When we keep things bottled up inside, it torments us. When we speak it out loud, we hear it ourselves and get a clearer picture of what we’re really thinking or feeling.

I was taught that if we talk out loud about things that are upsetting us, demons can hear and they use it against us. So I was afraid to voice my problems. But then I learned that I could pray to God to protect me and keep the evil spirits away while I’m talking.

Jesus Christ says to come boldly to Him to get things fixed: “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace” (Heb 4:15-16).

Jesus has experienced every emotional, mental and spiritual problem known to man. He understands every difficulty that any person has ever had or ever will have. There is a solution for every problem and the Lord Jesus is willing to give it without any guilt attached. He is full of mercy and full of love. “We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ” (1 John 2:1).

Ignoring problems doesn’t make them go away. We need to face each trouble straight on and obviate it by putting it into words. We take it to the Lord Jesus. He’s been in our shoes and He knows what to do.

We made Him Lord when we got born again. We should trust Him as our Lord, with every difficulty.

He tells us, God “hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:18). And “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8).

Jesus isn’t retired. He isn’t just sitting up in heaven watching what’s going on down here. Hebrews 13:8 tells us, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” We need to let Him continue to do His job in our lives. He has the solution to our every problem.

Love, Carolyn    
Check out Amazon to see what books I have available. The stories all deal with things that happen in our everyday lives. Here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment