Wednesday, June 1, 2016

THE DEVIL WILL NEVER CLICK THE "LIKE" BUTTON


Have you ever noticed how things can be going along really well and then the devil tries to invade your space and sneak something in on you?

About a year ago I was going into the Starbucks, regularly, to read the Bible and write. It was fine until one day when I was there, I looked up and this creepy guy was staring at me from outside. I tried to ignore him, but every time I looked up, he was there with big googly eyes looking right at me! Yuk! I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing so I moved out of his line of vision. But then he came inside and sat right in the big easy chair that focused right on me! I couldn’t get a thing done and wasn’t smart enough to just turn my back on him or get out of there. I lost that battle.

The next several times when I went to study and write, similar things happened with different people at different locations. Then I got wise to what the devil was doing. He always goes too far and I catch him and nail him. The devil is never on our side!

Those of us who use Facebook, often put up pictures of our families, cute pictures of our pets or interesting stories that we think our friends will appreciate. When our friends look at the pictures or stories, they have the option to click the “like” button under the story. It’s fun to get “likes” on what we post. Well, the devil will never click the “like” button for us. He hates us and we are in a constant war with him.

In the end we win, but in each battle we need God’s wisdom of what to do. A person in the military or any competitive sport knows that battles get fought and won by different strategies. Winners are people who figure out the strategies that work. Often, as in tennis, the competitors’ skills are equal, but the ultimate winner is the one who endures mentally.

Our strategy is the wisdom of God.  He is a loving Father who longs for us to cleave to Him and seek His guidance. “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” (James 1:5). So the next time the devil tries to invade your space or you get attacked, don’t let it go on for too long. Go to the Lord right away and find out His strategy for the battle. “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Rom. 8:37).

Love, Carolyn

QUESTIONS AND EASY CHALLENGES
1. Recall a situation where everything was going great and something or someone broke and totally disrupted your “happy place.” How did you respond? Did you ask Jesus what was going on? What do you think you will do if a similar thing happens again?
2. What personal strategies have you used against the invasion of devilish things into your space?
3. Have you ever tried to just ignore the devil? Or walk away? Did it work? Can you find a scripture to back up your actions?
4. What does James 1 say about the wisdom from God?
5. Even though the devil doesn’t like us, what does God tell us in Romans 8:37?

No comments:

Post a Comment