Wednesday, September 7, 2016

ARE YOU JOY? OR DO YOU ONLY HAVE IT?

ARE YOU JOY? OR DO YOU ONLY HAVE IT?
Even though I'd heard the phrase, “You are a spirit person,” many times before, I got a revelation today on how to use this revelation differently than before. God created every human being to be a “speaking spirit” (Gen. 2:7 Heb. Chumash). Then when we get born again and we receive Jesus Christ, a miracle takes place because “God has given us His Holy Spirit” (1 Thess. 4:8) to replace our human spirit that was given to us in natural birth. Peter calls it “incorruptible seed.”

In this package, “God blessed us with all spiritual blessings” (Eph. 1.3). That includes all the fruit of the spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23: “The fruit that comes from having the Holy Spirit in our lives is: love, joy, peace, not giving up, being kind, being good, being faithful, being gentle, and being the boss over our own desires.”

The new revelation I got was that we don’t HAVE these things, we ARE these things. Each of us is a new spirit; we have a soul (our minds, emotions and will); and we live in a body. Since these characteristics, called fruit of the spirit, are spirit things, we can say, “We ARE love; We ARE joy; We ARE peace,” and so on. We have to do this so much that we convince our souls that this is true.

First John 4:8 says, “God IS love.” Since God gave me what He IS, then I AM love too. It’s a spiritual thing.

Today when my soul started to get riled up about confusing instructions, I told myself, “I am a spirit and I am peace.” I used to say to myself, “I have peace.” But “having it” is different from “being it.” You can “have” a healthy pancreas, but “being” healthy is an all over thing. The soul can have peace, but the spirit is peace. And the spirit is greater and a much higher authority than the soul or body. The spirit rules.

Besides having opportunities to “Be peace,” at work today, I had opportunities to “Be love.” The difference was, when I thought about having love and giving it, it felt like it was a certain amount, like having a package of love, but when I said to myself, “I AM love,” it was all in me and all over me. That was so much better than having only a portion of it.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Cor. 5:17).

I only tried out two of the fruit of the spirit today: love and peace. It was remarkable and really satisfying. I can hardly wait to try out the others. They are like muscles underneath the flesh: they are us, but we don’t see them until we exercise them.

Let’s not have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control, let’s BE it.

Love, Carolyn

Check out my two WINGS books *** A Journey in Faith and Journey With Jesus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=WINGS%20Carolyn%20molica&linkCode=ur2&tag=jmbcsds-20&linkId=XQMVLVZYNBLYAGEM

No comments:

Post a Comment