Sunday, November 6, 2016

OUR YOUTH RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE'S

OUR YOUTH RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE’S
I’ve been very blessed with good health and a lot of my strength and youthfulness I attribute to quoting Psalm 103:5 every morning as I’m driving to work. It says, “He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagles.”

As the eagle goes through the different stages of its life, molting takes place and the new feathers are graciously provided. God created a way for this majestic bird to grow the necessary new beautiful feathers as it matures. We need the same thing, brand new feathers to keep us youthful and strong as we also mature.

This scripture is not only talking about God providing good physical food we can eat that can renew our youthfulness, but even more important is the bread of life God’s given us to eat—His living Word. As we take the truths of the Bible into us and as we speak them out of our mouth, we get new insight, answers that weren’t there before, fresh understanding and youthful excitement.

I don’t know about you, but for me, with the election, with work situations, with stuff happening to my friends and my family, I feel a little faint-hearted, a little weary. But just a few minutes ago I saw this section of scripture, and I was literally renewed and strengthened in my mind.

Isaiah 40:29-32: “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I believe that taking delight in God’s Word, both the written Word and the awesomeness of the Lord’s presence in our everyday lives keeps us strong and our youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Let’s take some time, even just 15 minutes, to read something from God’s Word and see what the Lord wants to tell us today. I know it sounds so simple, but how often do we intend on doing something, but other things come up and we never get around to it? Like the Nike advertisement goes, JUST DO IT!  

Love, Carolyn

One of my books would be the perfect gift for the holidays *** WINGS: A Journey in Faith or WINGS: a Journey with Jesus***. These books are packed with 52 short true narratives (one for every week) to entertain, inspire and enhance your spiritual growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment