Wednesday, January 17, 2018

HE THAT HATH PITY

HE THAT HATH PITY UPON THE POOR LENDETH UNTO THE LORD
Today I went to file a claim to get back the $1000 I had to pay out for new computers and a camera when my house was robbed. It turned out the best way to get the $1000 is to take my case to small claims court, and get the money from the teen’s legal guardian. Having no parents, the boy’s aunt was his guardian in 2016 when he robbed several other houses, and his grandma was his guardian when he robbed my house. But I felt wasn’t fair to go after the grandma, since she only recently became his guardian. I gave her financial mercy.

The Bible says: “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will He pay him again” Prov. 19:17). I feel like I am lending to the Lord by not putting a financial burden on the poor grandma. Our Lord Jesus doesn’t want the woman to be loaded down any more than she already has been.

I thought I was doing the right thing by going through this process, and I was. I just didn’t get the result I thought I was going to get.

God used this experience to show me His mercy and His love for the poor. He doesn’t want any of us to suffer.  I’m glad I was able to help the Lord to take a little bit of the burden off of one of His own.  

As it turns out, a wonderful friend also helped me out financially in this situation and I know the Lord will bless him as well!

Love, Carolyn

MY BOOKS AND BOOKLETS ON  AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment