Wednesday, August 26, 2020

GOD SENDS A PERSONAL GIFT IN AN UNUSUAL WAY


GOD SENDS A PERSONAL GIFT IN AN UNUSUAL WAY
Someone in the neighborhood must love those Werther’s candies because every week I find the wrappers in my bird baths. Why? Because the resident grackles love to bring small colorful, shiny objects into the yard and drop them in their water dishes. Today ended up being a bit of a stressful one because the car wouldn’t start, so what God had the grackle bring me today was especially delightful and kept me smiling all day. My present today was a tiny plastic toy that the grackle dropped in the water dish. It’s only about the size of a quarter, only a little over an inch tall—a girl with a paintbrush in her hand and a palette of paints! You know I’m a painter, right? I’ve never had the grackles bring me something so unusual. Isn’t it amazing? God had that grackle bring me something so personal just to let me know He cares about me. That’s our God.

It reminds of how the ravens brough Elijah food when God had him run and hide from King Ahab.  

“And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.’ So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord.

“And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook. (1Kings 17:4-6).

I think God gets a kick out of doing unusual things for us sometimes, things that are undeniably HIM, and sending a grackle with a toy painter girl was certainly my unusual for this day! It kept me smiling, and I’m getting my car all fixed up tomorrow.

Love, Carolyn

Don’t forget, my books are on sale on Amazon. Check them out by using the “Look inside” arrow. I know you can find one that will resonate with your own experiences in life as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment