Wednesday, November 18, 2020

BRINGING OUT THE OLD SPIRITUAL TOOLS AND WEAPONS


 BRINGING OUT THE OLD SPIRITUAL TOOLS AND WEAPONS

The other day at work we got to talking about sculpting, and I remembered the falcon sculpture I started years ago. I still have the soapstone shape and the rebar sculpting tools a friend made for me. I always loved the feel of those tools. Tonight I picked one up, got my mallet down off the peg board and cut away a few chips of soapstone. I remembered the feeling of apprehension, then satisfaction as I chipped away at the stone. Then the Lord gave me a new revelation I didn’t think of before: use a marker and draw the general shape of where the wings will cup around the body and how far the tail feathers go out, and draw this right on the stone. I decided to start using those wonderful tools again. Our spiritual tools are like that.

 

We sometimes forget how useful and satisfying it is to rebuke demons and make them flee, or to pray perfectly for a situation by praying in tongues. Or what about getting down on our knees to pray like we did when we were children? (When was the last time you did that?) Or what about the golden rule of treating others as we would want to be treated? Or how about when you decided to read the Bible cover to cover and God opened your eyes to so many new amazing things?

 

There are some of those good Bible principles and/or weapons in our arsenal that we may have forgotten about. Maybe it’s time to take inventory. Just like God just gave me a new key to jumping back into my sculpture, He will give us new revelations as we go back to revving up some of the old Bible habits we had years ago.

 

In the Bible we see that God often urges His people to remember the things of old, bringing them to mind again.

 

David has a great way of saying it in Psalm 77. The whole chapter is beautiful, but here I want to show you verses 5 to 11:

 

I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times. I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.

 

“Will the Lord cast off forever? And will he be favorable no more? Is his mercy clean gone forever? Doth his promise fail for evermore? Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah [consider this carefully].

 

“And I said, ‘This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.’”

 

David was having a hard time so he started to have a good heart-to-heart talk with himself and he searched for an answer. He wondered if it was God’s fault, or if it was God that had forsaken him. He deeply considered the possibility. But then he woke up! “This is MY infirmity!” So David was his own enemy. It wasn’t God at all. And when he realized it, he made himself remember the good things God had taught him in the past. That was his answer and sometimes it’s ours too.

 

Let’s take inventory and list some of the good things God showed us or did for us in the past.

 

Let’s do some refreshing of our lives by sharpening our old weapons and Bible tools that worked well and still do.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

You can read more stories for FREE and check out my books on Amazon. Just click LOOK INSIDE! on any of the books or booklets.

 

https://www.amazon.com/WINGS-Journey-Weekly-Workbook-Christian/dp/B0874LGZ34/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EZNJZZUP3KHG&dchild=1&keywords=wings+carolyn+molica&linkCode=ll2&linkId=db88efb13727dcb484eb29f5b1683284&qid=1588607180&sprefix=wings+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment