Sunday, July 25, 2021

GOD'S CONGRATULATIONS

GOD’S CONGRATULATIONS

I think we all love it when we find out that God’s happy with our spiritual decisions, and one way He shows us is by congratulating us with signs and wonders. Last weekend, God blessed me with one of those signs. About four years ago, I found out about the rescue of children who had been victims of human trafficking.

 

Thousands of young children, teens, and even babies were being brought up from their imprisonment underground. Some had never seen sunlight at all. I knew about some whose breathing capability could not take the air above ground and died because of it. But God struck me with another aspect that needed our prayer—the mental and emotional challenges these children would face once they were on the earth and not under it.

 

I was inspired to pray for young people in the medical field to be led by God to go into this field of study to help these children. So I have continued to pray.

 

Then about a month ago, I went for lunch to a local restaurant. My waitress told me she loved elephants, and she wanted to hear about my experience with elephants in Africa. I went back last weekend, sat at the bar, and she was my waitress again, only this time I overheard her talking to a couple next to me about being at a local hospital. They were talking about some training procedures, and the man appeared to be a doctor. When the couple left, I asked her if she was in school. You guessed it. She told me she was training to be a nurse and that this year they were focusing on mental illness. She was passionate about it and said she wants to go into the field permanently. I told her, through teary eyes, “You are an answer to prayer.”

 

After four years of prayer, God confirmed in a beautiful way that I was doing something important to Him, and He was inspiring medical students to study what they will need to care for these rescued children. I had confirmation on what He originally asked me to pray for, and God will do the same for you as well. God doesn’t have to confirm our actions, but He loves to do it for us because, like me, we all like to know that He is happy with us.

 

Many people live with the hope that when they get to heaven, God will say about them like He said about Jesus: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matt. 3:17). But we don’t have to wait.

 

God even gave confirmation to Jesus more than once when he was on earth: When he was baptized by John (Matt. 3:17), when he was teaching his followers (Matt. 12:18: “Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased”), and on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:5: “While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’”).

 

Then we see God congratulating Paul and Barnabas in Acts 14:3: “Long time, therefore, abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders.”

 

In Hebrews 2:3-4 we read: “So great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will.”

 

God’s confirmation of a job well done, His congratulations, are ours now. Just ask, and what a great joy! Let’s keep listening for His messages, saying those special prayers He gives us and doing those things He asks us to do. God rewards us richly, and you can count on it!!

 

Love, Carolyn   

 

My books, WINGS: A Journey in Faith Vol 1 & 2 –  awesome spiritual adventures. Find them on Amazon in paperback or Kindle.

 

If you know of any family members or friends who would like to get my weekly Preach Letters, let me know.

I publish two every week on FB, WordPress, and Blogger and can send them to an email address or physical address too.

 

I sell ALL my e-books and booklets on Amazon, as well as paperbacks of my first two books.

 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wings+carolyn+molica&crid=EZNJZZUP3KHG&linkCode=ll2&linkId=db88efb13727dcb484eb29f5b1683284&sprefix=wings+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C353&tag=jmbcsds-20&ref=as_li_ss_tl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment