Sunday, April 24, 2022

RETIRED AND ON TO NEW ADVENTURES


RETIRED AND ON TO NEW ADVENTURES

No more hard hats, safety vests, or old work boots! At the end of this week, I’m officially retired! Many years ago, back in 2008, when I thought about future retirement, God gave me a picture of what it would be, and I made a quick sketch. He showed me that retirement was just what the word said, “re-tire,” as in getting new tires for a new journey. That made me smile, and I kept the simple sketch on my desk to this day! I’m excited about going forward! At first, I was a little sad about retiring, but then I realized it was just a new start. Life isn’t over; it just takes a new turn.

 

“This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before” (Phil. 3:13). One thing I’ve seen with the Lord is that once something is over, He forgets about it pretty much immediately and gives me a ton of new ideas and projects and things to do and pay attention to. I say to Him, “Can’t we talk about this?” And it’s like He doesn’t even hear me. He’s already over it and way out ahead of me, like the past never even happened almost! Then when I get over myself, I have to laugh, and just catch up to Him.

 

Jesus knows I like to belly-ache and complain sometimes, but He also knows that if He rattles off fun things for my future, I won’t stay in the past too long. I’ll be running to do the next thing. Yep, retirement is going to be better than just okay, it’s already starting to be amazing!

 

Love, Carolyn

 

Books in publication now: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=WINGS%3A+A+Journey+in+Faith+by+carolyn+molica&crid=3GBPN2RO8RZMF&sprefix=wings+a+journey+in+faith+by+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C257&ref=nb_sb_noss

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment