Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beneath the Veil no.23 Frozen at Gunpoint

1978 hitchhiking from Kansas down to the onion farm in Texas. I was responsible for our team. The two of us climbed up into the 18-wheeler. I got in the front. My blind friend folded up his stick and felt his way up into the back seat. What happened in the next half hour was something I’ll never forget.

Down the road a ways the driver pulled over, pulled out a hand gun and pointed it at me, “You’re going to do whatever I want.” I froze...... for what seemed like forever!

Then a palpable peace poured down over me and through me. I turned in my seat and faced the driver directly, “You put that down right now in the name of Jesus Christ!” He did. “Now we’re getting out!” and we did.

Even as I write this today, I’m a little amazed that it was real, but I shouldn’t be really. Jesus was in the midst of a crowd who wanted to kill him and He walked right through. He had peace. (John 8:59)

On the Lord’s instruction, Paul and Silas walked right out of prison. They had peace. (Acts 16:24-34)

Jesus said, “My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John14:27)

Psalm 23: 4 says: “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.”

We can’t always avoid trouble, but we can walk through it with the peace of Jesus in us.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment