Saturday, June 1, 2013

CRUELLA’S COMING

We held our breath. My sister and I thought that this year we were going to be free of Cruella. (I’ve changed the name to protect the not-so-innocent).It was December 18 and so far she hadn’t called to invite herself to Christmas dinner. I drove up from Las Vegas and pulled into the parking lot of a local store. I happened to see my sister so I got out and went over to talk. She looked down at the ground and told me the bad news, “I just heard Cruella’s coming for Christmas.”

“Oh no, this is not good!” I started to picture Christmas day. I was living out the whole dreary scenario in my head. Suddenly I realized that I was basing my plans totally on what someone SAID. It was an event that, so far, was only predicted with words. Since it hadn’t happened yet, there was a possibility it never would. And my words against it happening could be just as powerful as the words I’d just heard. What a realization!

I learned right then if someone says something predicting a negative future, unless it’s told to us in the Bible, or the Lord confirms it, there is a definite possibility that a negative outcome can be stopped, reversed, or changed. We don’t have to succumb to something just because it’s set in motion by certain words. We have the inherent power to change things, as the Lord directs.

He will tell us what words to speak or actions to take. This is the revelation He gave me about Cruella coming to Christmas: “This hasn’t even happened yet and it doesn’t really have to happen at all. Just pray against it as I tell you.” So I prayed what the Holy Spirit gave me:

“I come against the words that predicted Cruella’s coming and I send out angels to stop her at every turn, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Two days later my sister told me, “Cruella’s not coming.” And she never arrived.

I’ve been able to use this powerful key in many circumstances. I hope you will start to use it too. You’ll recognize negative predictions and go to the Lord so He can teach you how to overcome events way before they have a chance to materialize!

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment