Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Story of Healing and Faith - Beneath the Veil no.26

A Story of Healing and Faith

Two days ago a wonderful woman sent me this message: “You prayed for me in 1979, when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. I had health issues which caused me to fear that I would loose her.”

Soon after this incident, I was sent to a different city and lost contact with this woman. I never heard the results of my prayer until now, 34 years later! The message went on to say, “You said you saw a clear, healthy embryo. Today, she is 33, the mother of two.” Wow, what at blessing! So often we don’t hear back what God did for the people we prayed for, or ministered healing to. So how do we know if it worked or not?

I remember when I prayed for a fellow named Sammy. I laid hands on him and prayed his kidney stones would be dissolved. He ended up in the hospital with appendicitis!

That bothered me for years. I wondered why I didn’t get it right. When I ministered to people after that, I seemed to always have this little doubt coming up, wondering if I really got it right. One day the Holy Spirit stopped me from doubting and gave me the answer.

The Lord explained to me, “When you prayed for Sammy, I dissolved the kidney stones instantly. He did have them. You didn’t get it wrong. There was just more, that’s all, and he got that taken care of in the hospital.” Wow, what a simple answer and it set me free! I’ve never doubted myself in this category since.

The answer is simple: When we pray or minister in faith, from our hearts, and do the best we know how, then we can be assured that it works. Healing is always God’s will.

No matter how old or young you are, don’t ever doubt yourself when it comes to praying or ministering healing to others. Even if you don’t hear the good results right away, trust God that He has given you the heart of His love and that when you pray or minister, it does work!

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment