Wednesday, December 18, 2013

HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES SOMETHING NEW - Beneath the Veil no.49


SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW

When I get on the plane this Sunday I will have completed 13 straight days of work without a break and some of them with overtime and oddball hours. Though I’m a little tired, it’s been a great blessing and the people I work with at both companies are so talented and a real joy to work with. On Sunday, however, I start something totally new.

I’m going on vacation! I was thinking how happy I will be to have plenty of time in the airport and on the bus, just to read my Bible and learn some new things. I already know that the Holy Spirit is ready to show me and teach me. Jesus said, “The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things” (John 14:26)

That’s what happens when we read the Bible with expectation. We ask the Holy Spirit to teach us new things and our affirmative action is to read. The words on the page aren’t going to talk to us unless we read them and sometimes we get so busy we get out of the habit. So I’m really looking forward to having some good chunks of time for reading.

God promises to teach us new things when we read His words and hear Him. “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear” (Mark 4:23). Well, we have ears, right? Isaiah 48:6 says “Thou hast heard, see all this. I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.” What this tells me is that there are still hidden things in the Bible that we never knew before. One job of the Holy Spirit is to teach those things to us.

Deuteronomy 29:29 tells us “the secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us.” What things will the Holy Spirit be revealing to us this Christmas season? I’m going into my Bible with expectation and my notebook. How about you?

PS: I bet there’s also some new things in my book that you’ve never thought about in quite the same way. You can get your copy from Amazon. Just look under my name. Happy discoveries.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment