Thursday, December 26, 2013

YOU'RE BLEEDING - Beneath the Veil no.50

A couple days ago I read something that really bothered me. It kept twisting into my soul like a corkscrew into a cork. Today I had to get it out.

I told my best friend how twisted up I was getting. She listened and helped me to see things in a different perspective. Then I was completely clear again.

We all encounter rough patches in our thinking. Some preachers like to indicate that it won't happen if we do "the right things" but I don’t believe that. And I don’t see it documented in the scriptures either. The Bible is full of people who overcome problems, not people living perfect spiritual lives without any problems.

Life happens and we can't stop everything the devil throws at us before it hits our personal space, penetrates and sometimes causes us to bleed.

We have the Lord Jesus Christ; we have the Bible; we have angels; but sometimes we forget that we have each other. And it’s not a sin to ask for help. In fact the Lord tells us we are to confess our faults one to another, so we can get help. It doesn’t do us any good to keep things bottled up inside. If you were physically bleeding from an area of your body that you couldn’t reach, you’d find someone to put a compress on that area to stop the bleeding. It’s the same with us mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We have been given other people in the body of Christ to help stop the bleeding.

One of the biggest errors I see is that we often hesitate to ask. Pride gets in the way. Asking for help is sometimes hard, but we have to remember that not only does it help us to get our answer, but it also gives someone else in the body of Christ a chance to do some problem solving. It’s really a very healthy exchange, if taken in the right light.

I believe that as we head into 2014, honesty in the body of Christ and asking for help when we need it will make our bonds tighter and our overall strength increase.

Love, Carolyn

PS. WINGS: A Journey in Faith from the Earthly to the Heavenly – still an awesome spiritual adventure and great interactive workbook. Find it on Amazon in printed form and e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment