Sunday, May 31, 2015

HEALING: HOW SCRIPTURE AND REVELATION FROM HOLY SPIRIT WORK TOGETHER


“My arm hurts,” I moaned. I’m not sure what exactly I did, probably carrying too many books along with my laptop in a bag off that arm, or maybe I twisted it, I don’t know. But it hurt and though I’d taken some ibuprofen and tried to use the other arm more, it wasn’t really working so I complained out loud until I caught myself. If my arm was going to stop hurting, I had to change what I was saying.

I repented and instead of saying what I had, I called for what I didn’t t have--healing. I started saying, “The Bible says by His stripes I’m healed. Arm, you’re healed.” I called for what I didn’t have. That’s how faith works. Faith calls for things that are not, so that they come.

Sometimes we start off great and we find scripture that fits what we are calling for, but then we get distracted and let it go by the wayside and the problem returns. That's what happened to me. I thought I had it handled, but then it got worse and I started getting worried. I asked Jane to pray for my arm and she did and it felt better. I believed my arm was healed but there was still some irritation.

I was so glad I didn’t have to do any really hard work because I was starting to get concerned about my nagging arm. I believed it would be healed and kept saying to my arm, “You’re healed in Jesus name.” But there was still one last step in my healing process. It came in an unusual and fun way.

I started a new job with my friend Wendy. I got up early, got dressed, emptied the cat box and went into the kitchen to make coffee. I was a little worried about how my arm would perform but I was going anyway. Then as I was making my coffee I got this revelation from the Holy Spirit. The Lord brought Wendy’s words that she spoke a year ago to my remembrance, “I always do stretching exercises in the morning.” God used those words to speak to me!

As I was waiting for my coffee, I started swinging my right arm around in a full circle forward six times, then backwards six times, then my left arm. Then I swung my arms to the sides as I twisted from side to side. Then I bent sideways and stretched my arms over my head and did a few other stretches. Then my coffee was ready.

It was like in Luke 6:10 where “[Jesus] said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.” My arm was totally healed.

There are so many varied examples of healing in the Bible and I love how the Lord leads us to our healing if we persist. Believing God for healing is the important thing and seeking Him first and continuously.

Healing could be instantaneous, or through a friend’s prayer, or through medicine or exercise, or a combination of things. Or even as wild as when Jesus “spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing” (John 9: 6-7).

We never give up on God. He’s always on time and He will heal us.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment