Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT PUTS AN URGING ON OUR HEARTS


I finished doing a sample for one company and on the way home I felt an inner urging to go by and pick up my check from my sculptor friend Evgeni. When I got there he said he just got another job and asked if I wanted to help. I said yes and started painting immediately. The great thing is that I didn’t have another job lined up yet, so the timing was perfect.

My experience wasn’t earth shattering but it did make a big difference in my finances for this week and that’s important enough to me and to God.

People who don’t know better might want to call this a coincidence. But I don’t believe in coincidence. Did you know that in the Hebrew language there isn’t even a word for coincidence? The Bible says we’re either walking by the flesh or walking by the spirit. Nothing happens by chance.

One of my good friends is being investigated and falsely accused in a certain sheriff’s department. She needed some encouragement and advice. A few Sunday’s ago she felt led to check out a new church and as she was heading home, “I saw a girl I know on her front porch, who worked at and left the Sheriff’s Office before I started working there.” This girl had also been harassed by the same people who were accusing my friend, so they got to talk about some details that will be very helpful to my friend as she wisely maneuvers through this difficult situation.

When we pray for help in walking by the spirit, and we do it, the results are always positive because the Lord Jesus always wants the best for us. And all Christians can walk by the spirit.

God gives us a great example in Simeon. He didn’t have a degree or title and he was a pretty regular Jewish believer. Luke 2:25 says, “There was a man whose name was Simeon; just and devout.” This tells me he was doing his best to be a fair man and he was faithful in his heart to God.

The Holy Spirit had revealed to him that before he died he would get to see God’s messiah. Then on one ordinary day, “he came by the spirit into the temple” (Lk 2:27). It was the exact day and time that Joseph and Mary brought the young child Jesus! Simeon “took him up in his arms, blessed God and said, ‘Lord now lettest they servant depart in peace, for my eyes have seen thy salvation’” (vss. 28-29). The Holy Spirit inspired Simeon and he went on to give an awesome prophecy over Mary, Joseph and the child Jesus.

We don’t hear any more about this man Simeon and in fact this happened near the end of his life here on earth. But I believe God had this record put in the Bible so that we could learn how important and wonderful it is to respond to the urgings of the spirit from within our hearts. One author calls these incidents “God Winks.” Positive results come from just one ordinary person endeavoring to walk by the spirit.

For me, it increased my finances for the week. For my friend, it encouraged her and will aid her in a possible court case. For Simeon it was how he got to meet Jesus face to face.

Galatians 5:25 says, “Let us also walk in the Spirit.” And Romans 8:14, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”

We can pray, “Lord Jesus, help me to walk by the spirit today.”

Love, Carolyn
Download any of my sample books (6-9 stand-alone chapters each) for only $.99 They’re fun to read and will encourage and inspire you. http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=WINGS%20Carolyn%20molica&linkCode=ur2&tag=jmbcsds-20&linkId=XQMVLVZYNBLYAGEM

No comments:

Post a Comment