Wednesday, February 24, 2016

THE LORD GIVES US THE DESIRES OF OUR HEARTS


THE LORD GIVES US THE DESIRES OF OUR HEARTS  
The other day a friend at work was telling me about a 10-day seminar on the internet. I politely listened but there was more to it than that.

In my heart I felt unusually drawn to really want to listen to some of it but couldn’t seem to find the time. There are only two lectures a day and then they move on to new speakers. The first day I missed it entirely.

Then yesterday, the second day, I could see that the only time I would have would be if I took my computer to bed and listened a little before going to sleep. I couldn’t figure out why it was so much on my heart. I definitely had a strong desire going on, but for some reason I didn’t focus on it enough to actually pray about it.

BUT, the Lord saw my heart and He had something good in mind for me. About 7 o’clock last night I got a phone call from my boss at work. They had some trouble on the pieces we were supposed to work on today and could I come into work tomorrow instead? That totally freed me up to listen to the seminar today!

It was the perfect timing and the lecture I listened to set me free from some intense stress I was feeling from my inner critic! (The speaker was Cheryl Richardson – Learning to Love: Making Peace with the Internal Critical Voice that Holds Us Back). If you think you’d like to listen to it, I’ve included the link at the bottom of this article.

Jesus heard and answered the desire of my heart. Actually I know He’s the one that put it there in the first place! Psalm 37:4 says, “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” I think that verse can be taken both ways. He answers the desires of our hearts and He is also the one who often puts them there in the first place. The money I would have made at work today wasn’t worth what I got out of the talk I heard today.

I love it when the Lord does things for us that are outside of what we could have imagined. Yesterday at this time I couldn’t have even dreamed that I would be having a day off to listen to a lecture on line! But it was great and now my heart is totally relaxed and I’m happy. I praise God and thank Jesus for taking such good care of me.

What are you desiring? I’m praying that He answers your heart’s desires too.

Love, Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment