Wednesday, July 6, 2016

VACUUM THE LAWN? SOME TASKS ARE JUST BETTER DONE BY OTHERS

VACUUM THE LAWN? SOME TASKS ARE JUST BETTER DONE BY OTHERS
The things I absolutely can’t handle well, but are still important enough to me to get done, are the tasks I have to believe and pray to God for the money to hire someone else to do them. Housecleaning and mowing the lawn are those two things for me.

The Lawn: I love my grass and so do the school kids, who play on the lawn after school. Also the people who walk a mile from one busy street to another along my road, use my low brick fence, big shade tree, and lawn as respite between the two cross roads. A couple times, when I first moved in, I tried to mow the lawn myself. It’s on a bit of a slope and when I tried to use the mower it really hurt my shoulders. So I hired Sal. He’s not that good, but he does a fair job and I’m just thankful he does it and I don’t have to.

Some tasks in life are just better done by others. Even in the body of Christ there are different jobs to be done by different people. I love writing for the Lord. My best friend Jane loves doing the promotion, so it works really well.

Paul spoke by revelation about the body of Christ: “And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you” (1 Cor. 12:21) I just love that. Jesus is telling me I actually need other people and I’ve accepted that command. I use to think I should do everything myself.

I used to feel guilty about having someone clean my house, like it’s a humble task and I should be able to do it myself and not make someone else do it for me. I don’t feel guilty anymore. The woman who helps me actually likes doing it, which is amazing to me, and I am so grateful.

Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour” (vv. 22-23). That is definitely true about my housecleaning lady and my lawn guy. Oh yeah, I love my garbage guys too; they always bring my empty garbage cans back up by the house and they take all my pruning branches whether or not they are “properly” bundled!

Today I’m taking the time to thank the Lord for the people who help me do the things I don’t do well for myself. And I will be sure to show those people my personal appreciation too. “Faith without works is dead” (James 2:26).

Love, Carolyn
Check out my new book: WINGS 2: JOURNEY WITH JESUS –only $7.oo


No comments:

Post a Comment