Sunday, February 4, 2018

COMFORT FROM OUR GOD

COMFORT FROM OUR GOD
My last name is Molica. It’s Italian, and it means the inside of Italian bread. That’s me, hard and crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Most of the time I pay more attention to my hard, crusty, fighter nature. But God knows me well. He told me today is not the day for fighting, and He showed me some of His softer nature. God says: “I, even I, am he that comforteth you” (Is. 51:12). God wants to take good care of us if we let Him!

John 16:32 tells us we are never alone: “I am not alone, because the Father is with me.” Psalm 23:1 tells us: “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want [lack].”

David knew that God could be very tender: “Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me” (Ps. 40:11). Jacob had to leave his country for a season. But God told him: “Behold, I am with you and will keep [careful watch over you and guard] you wherever you may go, and I will bring you back to this [promised] land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you” (Gen. 28:15).

God is kind. “The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart” (Ps. 34:18). “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds” (Ps 147:3). He is “a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress: a refuge from the whirlwind, a shadow from the heat” (Is. 25:4).

Jesus tells us that God is “my Father, and your Father” (John 20:17).

And Isaiah 25:8 tells us: “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.”

It’s not healthy to be in constant fight mode. Let the Lord, your best friend ever, give you a little bit of His soft side today.

Love, Carolyn

THIS WEEKEND THRU TUES:     I’M OFFERING MY SAMPLE BOOK:    COMFORT 
True life stories about the various ways God provides comfort for His people in the midst of chaos. Chapters include 1. RISE LIKE THE EAGLE
2. DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL WE DIE TO GET SOME HEAVEN?
3. HOLDING YOUR GROUND
4. LEARN FROM THE CICADA
5. WHEN EVERYTHING GOES WRONG
6. NO NAGGING NECESSARY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBG117U?creativeASIN=B00EBG117U&linkCode=w01&linkId=7ERGELRBMCR2EPLZ&ref_=as_sl_pc_ss_til&tag=jmbcsds-20

No comments:

Post a Comment