Wednesday, February 28, 2018

HEAVEN HELP US

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Heaven-Nineteenth-Spiritual-Originally/dp/1577944704/ref=as_sl_pc_as_ss_li_til?tag=jmbcsds-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=0afcc902ac26d3583cc008d473b4cd2e&creativeASIN=1577944704 


HEAVEN HELP US
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints” (Ps. 116:15). One of the definitions for “precious” is “costly.” It cost God something when one of his children dies, not only when someone dies too early, but also because God sees the pain and sorrow of those who have lost a loved one. God knows how sorrow feels. Most Christians believe in heaven, but how many of us are totally convinced we’re going, and have confidence in how wonderful it will be? My Dream of Heaven, written by Rebecca Springer is the most beautiful, heart-warming testimony to what is on the other side of death. Even the first few pages will bring tears of joy and hope from deep within you, and it will change you forever.

Reading this small and humble book, written so many years ago, is an experience no serious Christian should miss. I can’t tell you how many times the images I recall from this book have helped me in times of grief. Here’s just a little bit from the first few pages:

Note: This was written in 1898, so you need to get used to the old English, but I think you’ll see that the meaning is clear. 

“Let me in the beginning reassert what I have heretofore stated: that I have never claimed that this strange experience is either a revelation or an inspiration. It came to me during a period of great physical suffering and prostration, and I have always considered it as sent in compensation for that suffering. Be this as it may, it has been a great comfort and help . . . .  Thus I can but think, if any meaning can be attached to this strange vision, that it is simply a lesson in a general way of what we may expect and hope for when we reach the thither shore.”
                                                                                                       --- Rebecca Ruter Springer

And another passage from the author’s preface:

“The pages of this little volume contain no fancy sketch, written to while away an idle hour; but are the true, though greatly condensed, record of an experience during days when life hung in the balance between Time and Eternity, with the scales dipping decidedly toward the Eternity side.

I am painfully aware of the fact that I can never paint for others the scenes as they appeared to me during those wonderful days. If I can only dimly show the close linking of the two lives—the mortal with the divine—as they then appeared to me, I may be able to partly tear the veil from the death we so dread and show it to be only an open door into a new and beautiful phase of the life we now live.”

The Bible tells us that when we believe God raised Jesus from the dead and we accept Him as Lord, we get born again of spiritual seed, and it is incorruptible. “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23).

And 1 Peter 1:3-4 tells us: God has “begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.”

I urge you to please read My Dream of Heaven. I feel strongly about this because I don’t want anyone to ever worry about dying.


Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment