Wednesday, April 18, 2018

SPEAK UP; I WANT TO HEAR YOU

SPEAK UP; I WANT TO HEAR YOU
I was upset about how I was being treated. I tried to ignore it and not talk about it, telling myself I had already handled it. But it just kept brewing inside me and wouldn’t go away. I couldn’t talk myself out of being aggravated. But staying aggravated lets Satan mess with our heads, and negative emotions can cause chronic problems in all parts of our bodies if we don’t begin the process of handling them according to God’s best will for the situation.

Jesus Christ says we can come to Him to get things fixed: “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace” (Heb. 4:15-16). 

Jesus has experienced every emotional and mental problem known to man. He understands every difficulty that any person has ever had or ever will have. There is a solution to every problem, and the Jesus is willing to give it to us without any guilt. He is full of mercy and full of love. “We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ” (1 John 2:1).

Why is Jesus our advocate? Because we believed in Him. We all want someone to believe in us. When someone believes in us, we love that person. It’s the same with Jesus. We believe in Him, and He is instant to respond with love. Remember, Jesus was human too.  

When we are hurting, we need to talk out loud to the Lord first. Then maybe to a Christian friend we can really trust—someone who will help us get God’s answers and not put judgment on us. James 4:16 says: “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.”

A lot of times if we keep things bottled up inside, they torment us more, or we get muddled about what the problem really is. When we tell Jesus, or a holy spirit-filled person out loud, we hear it ourselves and can get a clearer picture of what we’re thinking or feeling.

I once was taught that if we say things out loud that are upsetting us, demons can listen, and so I was afraid to voice my problems. But if we think demons may be listening to our confessions, we can do like David and keep the devil spirits away. He states in Psalm 35:5: “Let the angel of the Lord chase them.”

I've been aggravated more than once by how people have treated me. The Lord has not given me a "one answer fits all" solution. The particular problem I talked about in this post was solved by lovingly confronting the person. At other times, the Lord has literally removed the person from being around me. In other situations, I've had to change my wrong thinking about the person irritating me.


But it’s always God’s will that we face our problems straight on, obviate them by speaking them out loud to our Lord Jesus, then to a spirit-filled person if we want. God’s answer waits for us because we believe in Him and He always responds in love.

Love, Carolyn

BOOKS FOR INSPIRATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT: SEVERAL DIFFERENT TOPICS TO CHOOSE FROM:


If you’d like a free printable PDF file of one of my sample books, just e-mail me at CJMOLICA@HOTMAIL.COM 

No comments:

Post a Comment