Wednesday, November 28, 2018

ARE YOU THINKING AND ACTING LIKE YOUR BEST SELF?

I was getting sloppy in thoughts, words, and actions. I was letting myself stay grumpy longer, not caring so much about what I said, and generally not acting very nice. I was actually enjoying being somewhat rude as if I had a right to be rude, and I didn’t even know why I felt that way. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you’re not acting like yourself, and you wonder why? I plan on asking the Lord and I know He’ll tell me, but for right now, I repent and start changing my mind. Romans 12:2 tells us: “Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” It all starts with the mind. I needed to get my thoughts back in line with God’s thoughts. Sometimes I need to go back and read one of my own articles. Here’s the one He gave me for tonight:
  
ARE OUR THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND ACTIONS GLORIFYING GOD?
Steve-o, my work friend, told me he went to see the band, Tool, perform. He said he really didn’t like the music but when he got there, it was something else that caught his attention and admiration. The lead singer/guitarist was in the back, with the other guys out in front. Steve-o asked if this was normal and found out that’s how they always perform. In most bands, the lead singer/guitarist is the main focus, but here it was more about the music than the ego of one main guy.

Steve-o also told me about another band, the Gorillaz, where you never see the guys in the band. It’s a virtual band consisting of four animated members, who are completely fictional and not personas of any real-life musicians. Again, it’s about the music, not the performers.

I thought that was pretty great and it made me think about the Body of Christ. It’s not about a preacher’s great flair or charisma, nor is it about us as individual superstar believers and what we can do with our great personalities or abilities. It’s about Jesus and the Body of Christ – what we can do together with Jesus as the head—the brains—strategizing the best for all members of the body to be blessed, functioning in our perfect places, to the glory of our Father, God.

There’s no place for big egos in the Body of Christ. Galatians 6:3 tells us: “For if any person thinks himself to be somebody [too important to condescend to shoulder another’s load] when he is nobody [of superiority except in his own estimation], he deceives and deludes and cheats himself.”

Even Jesus said, “I am able to do nothing from myself [independently, of my own accord—but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to me, so I give a decision], and my judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult my own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to myself, my own aim, my own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent me” (John 5:30).

That’s pretty humbling and what a great target.

I’m going to write myself a note and put it in several places, so I’ll look at it: “Are you giving glory to God?” I think it will help me and maybe you’ll want to do something similar. Remember, it’s about God’s band and His music, and not about what satisfies our own egos.

“So then, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God” (1 Cor. 10:31).

Love, Carolyn

You can see some of my other writing if you click “LOOK INSIDE” on any of my books or booklets on Amazon.


If you can’t get Amazon, I can send you a PDF file or word doc of any of my booklets. cjmolica@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment