Sunday, February 24, 2019

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

LIGHT OF THE WORLD
I was up on the ladder with my camera in my hands, ready to photograph the rocks I painted; I hear a big crack of thunder and the lights go out.

The warehouse has enough natural light for me to see to get off the ladder and go over to check the breakers, but not enough light to get an accurate picture of the rocks to send my boss.

It reminded me of how Jesus is the light of the world; without Him, we’ll never get an accurate picture of anything that’s going on, just smoke and mirrors, falsehoods and disconnects. “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world: he that followeth [is following] me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,” (John 8:12). 

Light replaces darkness: “For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness’” (2 Sam. 22:29). What a great promise. We can repeat this scripture to ourselves until we believe it and expect the Lord to shed light on any dark areas in our lives.

The lights in the warehouse came back on slowly. Sometimes it’s that way with things for us too—we want to understand; we need more light from Jesus on the subject; we pray about it and the truth comes to us slowly, a little at a time. At other times Jesus illuminates our circumstances like a floodlight, and everything becomes clear.

Lord bring on the light in our relationships, our finances, our ability to follow You, our understanding of current events, our part in politics and community, and our many small or big choices in everyday life.

Love, Carolyn

Today through Tues I’m offering Part 2 of my WINGS series. This section is PART 2 and contains chapters 10-23. Each chapter is a stand-alone true story of living the Christian life in our complicated world today.

10. PAY ATTENTION!
11. SPEAKING FAITH INTO EXISTENCE
12. HISTORY IN THE HEAVENS
13. THE MISSING MANUAL
14. PRAYING AND SINGING IN TONGUES
15. POWER-PACKED BLESSINGS
16. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
17. PREACH YOURSELF HAPPY
18. PAYMENT FOR SIN
19. CALLING THE DOG
20. THE ADVENTURE OF PLANTING SEEDS
21. FIXING EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS
22. NIT-PICKING
23. THE QUEEN OF SHEBA HAS ARRIVED

Get it on Amazon, or if you can’t, then I can send you a pdf file or word doc to your email. cjmolica@hotmail.com
AMAZON LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment