Sunday, February 10, 2019

SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW

SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW
When I get on the plane this week, I start something totally new. I’m going on vacation! I was thinking about how happy I will be to have plenty of time in the airport and on the bus, then with my mom, just to read my Bible and learn some new things. I already know that the Holy Spirit is ready to show me and teach me. Jesus said: “The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things” (John 14:26).

That’s what happens when we read the Bible with expectation. We ask the Holy Spirit to teach us new things, and our affirmative action is to read. If we can, it’s great to read aloud because that way we use two of our senses to receive God’s messages: by way of our eyes and by way of our ears. Sometimes we get so busy doing other things, that we get out of the habit of picking up a physical Bible and reading it. Instead, we watch Youtube video Bible teachings or listen to teachings on the radio or TV. But there is something special about reading the Bible for ourselves. So I’m looking forward to having some good chunks of time for reading.

God promises to teach us new things when we read His words and hear Him. “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear” (Mark 4:23). Well, we have ears, right? Isaiah 48:6 says: “Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.What this tells me is that there are still hidden things in the Bible that we never knew before. One job of the Holy Spirit is to teach those things to us.

Deuteronomy 29:29 tells us: “The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us.” What things will the Holy Spirit be revealing to us? I’m going into my Bible with expectation and my notebook. How about you?

PS: I bet there are also some new things in my books and booklets that you’ve never thought about in quite the same way, either. You can get your copy from Amazon. Just look under my name. Happy discoveries.

Love, Carolyn

TODAY THRU TUES, on Amazon, or if you’d like I can send it to your email cjmolica@hotmail.com:


WINGS: A Journey in Faith  PART 4. It’s a compilation of true narratives—insights, revelations and guidance.

PART 4 contains 15 stand-alone chapters opening your awareness of how to apply Christian principles to everyday life and see the miracles that take place when we make room for Christ in our lives. The chapters include: 

SATISFIED FROM THE INSIDE OUT
MIRACLE OF BETTER EYESIGHT
LENDING MONEY TO JESUS
DIG AND DUNG
THE LORD OF SABAOTH STILL ROARS!
BOISTEROUS WINDS AND ROARING LIONS
WHEN EVERYTHING GOES WRONG
JEHOVAH-NISSI TO THE RESCUE
FIGHTING NEGATIVE ANTICIPATION
GENERATIONAL CURSES
SPEAKING OUR FUTURE
GOSSIP AND HEALING
HOW FAST CAN YOU OBEY?
A DIFFERENT TAKE ON ANGER AND FORGIVENESS
I LOVE YOU, NO NAGGING NECESSARY

This compelling volume will heighten your awareness and change how you look at circumstances around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment