Wednesday, April 8, 2020

GOD AND THE PASSWORD


GOD AND THE PASSWORD
Because of the coronavirus, the company I work for had to downsize, and I got laid off yesterday. I wasn’t happy about it, but what could I do? Actually, my biggest worry was filing for unemployment. I started to worry that I hadn’t kept the paperwork from 2016 when I filed the last time, so I wouldn’t know the details I needed to have to file again. When I started the process, I was okay until I got to the password.
I didn’t have a clue of what I’d used before. Then clear as a bell, the Lord gave me an old password, I typed it in, and it was the right one. From that point on, I only had to call my friend DeNece one time for some help, and I was done in less than 30 minutes.

What I thought was going to be a grueling project, turned out to be so easy. God knew I was worried, and yet He loves me so much that He just popped the password into my mind. Then He made sure nothing got in the way of DeNece answering my phone call, and with that, I flew through the rest.

I’ve learned that I can trust the Lord in my work and my finances. Yes, I still worry a little sometimes, but ultimately, I know God is for me and not against me, and He always comes through.

I didn’t always trust Him. But I had to want to trust Him, and I believe He honored my heart above my actions (which weren’t always so great). I had to grow into trusting the Lord. I faltered and fell prey to the doubts the devil was always willing to throw at my mind. But I never gave up wanting to trust God, like the Bible says we should want to do.

I’m much older now, and I’ve learned to rely on the Lord Jesus because He’s proven Himself to me over and over. This incident of Him just popping down my old password, saved me so much time and undue stress today! I’m so thankful the Lord is interested in the small things that relieve us in potentially hard circumstances.  

Here’s a great passage of wisdom from God on this subject of trust:  

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:6-8).

We won’t be devoured if we will learn to trust the Lord. And if you’re still in a place where you maybe aren’t so sure about trusting Him, don’t worry. If you just say that you want to trust Him, He will respond.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment