Sunday, May 14, 2023

POWER SHOT

POWER SHOT

I started reading the book of 1 Corinthians, and when I came to the second chapter, verse 4, I had to pause and take notice.

 

Paul says to the believers: “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.” And I told God: “That’s what I want. I want my everyday life to demonstrate your Spirit and your power.”

 

Then a week later, that’s exactly what I got, and it was a notable blessing for sure. We had started to hear a rattling noise when we turned the air conditioner on in the car. To me, it sounded like something with the fan. It happened a couple of times, and we knew we better get it checked, but our regular mechanic was now doing a different job, and we weren’t at all excited about trying someone new. In fact, Jane was a little freaked out about it.

 

That night she had a talk with God: “You do so many other things for us, tell me what to do about this car thing.” Jane explained to me: “The idea appeared instantly to my mind—find a mechanic that will come to the house.” The next morning Jane googled mobile car repair and started the process. She said, “One stood out to me, and God said that’s the guy.”

 

The mechanic came over and diagnosed that it was a ball bearing that was making havoc in the fan. If the fan had come loose, it could have smashed into the radiator and that would have been a much bigger mess. He told us he would check around for prices and was hoping to get one from the Napa parts store rather than at the Dealership. As it turned out, the part from the Dealer would have been over $300, and after calling the various Napa stores, he got the very last one available for just a little over $100! We got along so well with the man, he gave us the “Trump discount,” told us we had instant VIP status, and we could call him any time for our car issues, and he’d come right over. At the end of our visit, John asked Jane how she’d found him, and Jane said, “God pointed you out!” He smiled.

 

That whole turn of events was a demonstration of God’s Spirit and power working to make our experience much more than just a car repair!

 

The same day another wonderful demonstration of God’s Spirit and power was manifested in a miracle with a new Power Shot stapler I needed. Two pieces of metal on my 25-year-old tool had separated, and it wouldn’t staple right. I bought a new one, and brought it home, and it didn’t work, so I took it back. The guy in the store checked it out, and he couldn’t get it to work either, so we went over to find a new one. We both looked around, but there were none left. As I started walking away, something caught my attention. There were two staplers at the side of the counter. A larger one was on top, but I noticed part of the label of the smaller stapler almost hidden underneath: “Power S”! I pulled it out, and sure enough, it was the Power Shot stapler I wanted! I couldn’t hold back my excitement, exclaiming to the store worker, “It’s a miracle! A real miracle! This wasn’t here before!”

(For the record, in the past, angels (ministering spirits Heb. 1:14) have brought back to Jane and me items we thought we lost. I think they really like doing that! HAHAHA.)

 

In the Bible, Peter and Jesus needed some money for their taxes, God told Jesus what to do—send Peter down to the lake with his fishing rod. Jesus said: “Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee” (Matt. 17:27).

 

Jesus and Peter needed some money for their taxes. I needed a new stapler and a car fix. If we want our lives to demonstrate the Spirit and the power of God, then we have to believe in doing it in all aspects of our lives, big and small. We are NOT what we used to be. We are God’s sons and daughters. We walk by the spirit, and the miracles happen in our day-by-day lives. “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Phil. 2:13).

 

I can hardly wait to see what miracle happens next, as that verse from 1 Corinthians becomes even more deeply imbedded in my heart! As we walk by demonstrating God's Spirit and power, our lives are no longer the old “normal.” We expect more. As we’re told in Matthew 21:22, believe it and receive it. This IS our life in Christ!! Miracles and other demonstrations of Spirit and power are the new normal in the mundane and glorious machinations of our lives.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

Don’t forget, my latest book on Amazon is $15, but if you’d like a cheaper copy of “Bible Lessons from Nature,” send just $10 and your address to me at 4401 El Parque Ave. Las Vegas NV 89102, and I’ll get a signed copy right out to you.

 

And Happy Mothers’ Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment