Sunday, May 7, 2023

WHEN THE MASKS COME OFF

WHEN THE MASKS COME OFF

This preach letter is from 2021 but I thought it would be a good one for today, to remind ourselves about the idea of perception, and how important it is to see things and think about things and people from a spiritual point of view. Enjoy.

 

6.13.21 “I’ve been to some new stores since the mask mandate started over a year ago and met people I’ve never seen without a mask on. Yesterday I was shocked when I walked into the shop and all five people I knew were unmasked!  I only recognized the one guy because of the way he walked, but his face looked totally different than what I’d imagined! We picture what we think they look like under the mask, and it turns out that our mind’s picture is not right at all. I have to admit that seeing all five faces at once stunned me, and I walked out of the place in a daze. I’m sure I’m not the only one who experienced this.

 

When I got to thinking about it, I realized that our brains tend to want to make sense of things and often try to fill in the blanks. But what our brains say to us isn’t always true. The unveiling of the masks in that one store, for me, was a great witness to that fact.

 

In matters of importance, we need always to take what we “think” back to God, the source, for confirmation.

Our “thinkers,” i.e. our minds, aren’t always accurate, but God’s truth is always accurate, and that’s why we need to remain malleable in God’s hands and surrender all to Him. The one thing that is going to be a constant in our lives is CHANGE. And we need to be willing to change our minds as the Lord requires it of us.

 

I have to change my mind about what my new friends look like. I renew my mind to what’s real, not what I “thought” was real.

 

In spiritual matters and other physical matters of our minds as well, we need to do what God tells us in Romans 12:1-2: “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

 

The easiest and best place to start is with reading the Bible and listening to what the holy spirit in us opens to our hearts.

 

Get ready for some amazing discoveries in the days ahead, as the physical, mental, and spiritual masks come off.

 

Love, Carolyn

You can find my books on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=books+by+carolyn+molica&crid=R4IY2U9P9W7O&sprefix=books+by+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C379&ref=nb_sb_noss

 

No comments:

Post a Comment