Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Beneath the Veil no.19 STONED

There went another chunk of my 2 ½ foot high brick wall. Too many kids sitting on it wiggling and jumping off. And the fact that it’s almost 50 years old. Poor thing had cracks from the top all the way to the bottom, the mortar wasn’t holding any more and several bricks had fallen off or been pulled off to hold up Garage Sale signs. I really wanted to get it repaired but it would cost me quite a bit and it just couldn’t be a priority right now. It was, however, a desire of my heart and sometimes that’s all it takes. God’s love is unconditional.

I didn’t do anything super special, but God did.

Last week my neighbor from Cuba was putting a new fancy façade on his house. The trucks came with huge boxes of beautiful stones and they began to build. Along with putting the stones on the face of the house, they were also building up bricks to make some pillars along his fence line. It looked great and I told him so. Next thing I knew, my roommate was over there talking to the guys doing the work, asking what they would charge for a minimal repair job on our wall. Raul overheard and told her, “Oh, it’s a small job. I’ll do it for nothing.” I was elated! But it didn’t end there.

The next morning we drove around the corner on our way back from the orchard in North Las Vegas and there it was, the entire length of our wall was perfect—new bricks to fill in where the others had gone missing, all the cracks disappeared AND we had a brand new 5 foot tall pillar at the edge, complete with capital and finished off with the same beautiful stones Raul had. It was thrilling and way beyond what I had envisioned. I still can hardly get over it. It’s beautiful and it cost me nothing but friendship with my wonderful neighbor. God gave me the desire of my heart and did it Ephesians 3:20 style, “exceedingly abundantly above what I could ask or think.”

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment