Sunday, May 5, 2013

LAS VEGAS HOME INVADED BY AMALEKITE SPIRITS

I got up at 3:30 a.m., went into the kitchen to make coffee and when I turned on the light, I noticed two small bugs scurrying across the counter.  I smashed them and didn’t think much more about it. The next morning as I turned on the light I saw a couple more.  Then the next morning, more. I opened up the dishwasher and OMG! More than just a couple hiding at the top. I freaked out, called the exterminator, and put some dead ones in a jar for him. I had no idea of what was coming next.
My kitchen was being attacked. They were dropping down by the dog’s dish, coming out of the corners by the oven, going up the wall by the cabinets and even looking right at me from the inside of my beautiful new Keurig coffee pot! It was horrible. I was in a fight but there were times I honestly didn’t know if I would ever win.
Early in the battle I asked God what the heck was going on.  He directed me to start studying the Amalekites in the Bible and He would show me the spiritual background to this attack and what to do about it.
I learned that the Amalekites were a semi-nomadic tribe. They moved around but if they found a cozy place to take over, they would. They were a formidable people. The devil spirits acting through these people were schemers and very shrewd. Their method was to attack in a devious, sneaky way, from behind or from the side or at night – in a way that would not necessarily be noticed until it was too late. They didn’t give up but just kept pestering, badgering and provoking.  They would try to wear the Israelites down by their constant attacks, stealing their peace and anything else they could get away with.
In Exodus God says He will be at war with Amalek from generation to generation. (Ex 17:16). Since our battle is a spiritual one, I call these types of devil spirits “Amalekite spirits.”
In 1 Samuel 15:18 God tells Saul that the only way to get rid of them is to “utterly destroy the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.” Saul apparently thought that it would be okay to keep the king alive and keep the sheep and oxen and some other spoils as well. But God knew the Amalekite spirits could occupy much more than just the warriors, so all were to be destroyed. Saul didn’t obey and the consequences were devastating. He lost his kingship and his kingdom.
From Exodus 17 we learn that it takes vigilance to defeat Amalekites. Joshua was at the head of the battle, but Moses was in charge. When Moses lifted up the rod of God, Israel prevailed. When he got weary and let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. Moses had to have two other guys help him to hold up the banner of God to the very end of the battle and to victory.
When it was over, Moses built an altar which he called Jehovah-nissi.  It means “The Lord is my banner.” It is the name of God which puts the enemy to flight. As it says in Isaiah 59:19, “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.” Jehovah-nissi was considered a name under which Israel could rally for victory. The Lord’s name was the battle cry.
The bugs that attacked my kitchen were of the same spiritual ilk as the Amalekites that attacked Israel.
When I realized this, I called on Jehovah-nissi in the name of Jesus Christ, to help me get victory in this horrible attack. It took determination and vigilance for what seemed like forever. Like Moses, I had to get help. My exterminator was awesome.  He ended up leaving the “special spray” with me so I could go after the bugs in between his visits. I had to not only destroy the bugs, but I also had to destroy every item they touched. I didn’t want to end up like Saul. I got rid of the dishwasher, coffee machine, other electrical appliances and much more, but it was totally worth it.
When the very last bug was destroyed, I realized that they had started eating each other and the toxins in the insecticide had utterly consumed them until every last one was dead. Gross, but true. That was several years ago and they have never returned. Thank God!
I hope that you never have to encounter this type of spirit in people, sheep, oxen, bugs or any other creature. But if you ever have that misfortune, you can call on Jehovah-nissi and you will get the final victory.
Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment