Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Beneath the Veil no.11 Starts Off Difficult, Ends Up Great

Today was hard. I knew it was going to be a rough one from the get go. The sky was overcast – Las Vegas doesn’t like bad weather. My job at work was to come up with colors, formula and technique for making a primed piece of Masonite look like a beautiful mahogany. I was having trouble with the basecoat—too dull, too brown, not red enough. I worked at it and adjusted my color again and again. I have to match the live sample as closely as possible and it just wasn’t coming together.

Also I’d recently purchased new shoes and I was on a cement floor for 7 ½ hours. My legs hurt, my back hurt and I was worn out. Even the Motrin wasn’t working.

My attitude was as desperate and frayed as  the nerves in my back.  My mind was spiraling, but I knew if I could make it through the day I’d be okay.

It was so hard, but I made it home, had a diet coke and a grilled cheese sandwich and my energy started to revive. I got in the car and went to the coffee house to write. But FIRST I got my Bible out to read some scripture. I badly needed some refreshing and went to Psalm 107:20 “ He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

I read further. At verse 26 it started to describe how I started my day:  “They go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.  They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.
 Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble.” That was less than an hour into my work.

The next part of the scripture didn’t happen till 7 hours later! “And he bringeth them out of their distresses.  He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven” (vss. 28-30).

Some days are just like that and all I can say is I’m glad God got me through it and I’m so glad my stress is finally over.

“Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!” (vs. 31)

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment