Sunday, March 10, 2013

WALK THE RED CARPET WITH THE BOSS

The way to get a job in Las Vegas is to know someone. It works pretty much the same with getting the job done of living a good spiritual life in this crazy world—you need to know someone. We as Christians know someone. His name is Jesus and He’s the Boss!

My friend invited me to a Cirque du Soleil charity event at the Hard Rock Hotel. She’d designed an amazing costume that was chosen to walk the runway in the fashion show that evening. I got in on the VIP treatment, which included getting pictures taken on the red carpet. When I stepped up, a guy asked to see my ID. All I said was, “I’m with her.” He nodded and off I went to enjoy a spectacular evening.

We actually know the Big Boss and He knows us. We don’t have to lower ourselves to listen to or even look at anything against us. Whatever the devil wants to say or do to us is insignificant. He’s not God! The devil was never an equal with God, never on the same level. He was created an angel to serve mankind, not rule over him. Hebrews 1:14 tells us: “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?” However, the devil continues to act like he’s in charge and is relentless in attacking humanity.

When we know that we should be getting God’s VIP treatment and we’re not, it’s time to take a look at what’s blocking us. Does it have to do with our own thinking patterns, negative things we’ve been focusing on? Is it someone the devil is using to try to bring us down? We don’t have to capitulate. We can step up and say, “Wait a minute. This thing doesn’t have to affect me! I know the Boss of the Universe and I’m with Him!”

So let’s get out there in our best outfits and take a lovely stroll on the red carpet runway with our Lord!

Love, Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment