Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beneath the Veil no.9 God Loves Us Unconditionally

 
Joyce Meyer was teaching on God’s love. She explained, “God loves us and it’s unconditional. Everyone wants to feel that they matter to someone and you matter to God. He has a wonderful plan for your life.” She concluded her teaching by telling the audience, “I want you to say ‘God loves me unconditionally’ 50 times a day and then watch for His love.’” So I thought I’d try it.

Wow did I have some big surprises. I was doing pretty well until I went out on my patio and started to re-pot a few plants. One of the plants was really heavy and I was very intense on getting it out of the one pot and into the other without hurting myself. Then I was moving everything around and sweeping and working hard. I love doing this, but I realized that I was being so intense that I didn’t think about God much. Then later on at the gym I did the same thing. During those intense times I didn’t even say, “God loves me unconditionally” even one time! Maybe if I’d relaxed a little more and said my quote, I would have enjoyed myself more and not stressed out my shoulder muscles.

The next day I went to work and my project was on a really tight deadline. All day long I was saying “God loves me unconditionally. I matter to you. You have a wonderful plan for my life.” I kept a tally and during work alone I said this or a version of it 75 times. And in spite of the difficulty of my project, I finished it in time and was happy I could do it. It turned out so well.

Try this yourself for a week and see how it works!

Love you, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment