Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beneath the Veil no. 8 The Devil Will Never Click the "Like" Button - Beneath the Veil no.8

I went into the Starbucks and sat down to read the Bible and write. I looked up and this creepy guy was staring at me from outside. I tried to ignore him, but every time I looked up, there he was with big googly eyes looking right at me! Yuk. I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing so I moved out of his line of vision. But then he came inside and sat right in the big easy chair that focused right on me! I couldn’t get a thing done and wasn’t smart enough to just turn my back on him or get out of there. I lost that battle.

The next several times when I went to study and write, similar things happened with different people at different locations. I got wise to what the devil was doing. He always goes too far and I catch him and nail him. The devil is never on our side! And to those of you who are Facebook users, the devil never clicks the “like” button for you. We are in a constant war with him.

In the end we win, but in each battle we need God’s wisdom of what to do. A person in the military or any competitive sport knows that battles get fought and won by different strategies. Our strategy is the wisdom of God. So the next time you get attacked, don’t let it go on for too long like I did, but go to God right away and find out His strategy for the battle. “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Rom 8:37) [Emphasis mine.]

Love, Carolyn
P.S. If you'd like to follow me on Facebook, my page is: Christian writing A Journey in Faith by Carolyn Molica

2 comments:

  1. I need to say something. One like give you way to prepare armor so speak. 1.prayer before you sleep and go down the street. 2. Rebuke what the devil may have control over individual such as that man. 3. ignore and pray silent is another suggest you can do while in the presence of this public area rather pray for strength and pray for him cause keep in mind he may be being used by the devil and may have mental problem or trying reach but don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good suggestions. I usually remember to pray and pour the blood on myself and my household before we leave out the door, but I forgot this morning, so when I saw this it was great! Thanks.

      Delete