Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beneath the Veil no.14 One Degree Turns the Funk Around

At 211’ water boils. At 212’ it turns to steam. Steam can power a train. One degree makes a difference.

Today was long and hard. A lot of stuff was going on with my family and I was having difficulty with the project at work. I was so discouraged by the time I got home I didn’t want to do much of anything but I’d made a commitment to go and write. I almost talked myself into staying home to do it, but I know myself better than that. I was on a downward spiral and staying home wouldn’t get me out of my funk. I asked my roommate to pray and I made the decision to go out to write.

Just making that one degree turn and here I am writing and my head is clear. The funk is gone and I feel great.

“Perseverance is not the long race, but many short races, one after another.”
                                                                               --Walter Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment