Wednesday, March 12, 2014

NO GLASS CEILINGS - BV11


Sometimes I need to re-read a chapter from my own book. I’ve been getting a little irritated with people lately and it’s not good. When I start to judge others it not only puts a stumbling block in their way, but it also puts limits on my own life. So I need to stop. Here’s the chapter I just read to get myself back in line:

NO GLASS CEILINGS

According to wikipedia the term “glass ceiling” refers to the unseen, yet unbreachable barrier that keeps people from rising to the top, regardless of their qualifications or achievements. That’s what it’s like when we prejudge and criticize people before maybe getting all the facts straight.

As long as we keep this glass ceiling on others in our own minds, we not only hurt them, but we’re hurting ourselves as well. A good example of this is when Jesus went back to where he grew up. Those people had seen him as a child growing up and they put limitations on him. “They were offended in him. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief” (Matt 13:53-58).

I heard a preacher say to the people he pastors that he expects them to get more revelations, more insights, more understanding on the Word of God than he does. That pastor expects and believes for God to work in those people. He doesn’t act like he’s their savior. He’s operating Luke 6:38 that says: “Give, and it shall be given unto you, pressed down shaken together and running over shall men give unto your bosom.

If someone is born again, they are a new spirit person on the inside. They have Holy Spirit and God can and will work in them. Just don’t you be the one to put that glass ceiling on them. Even Jesus himself said to his disciples, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do” (John 14:12). Even though these disciples still were unlearned in many areas of their lives, Jesus had full expectation for them to do more than He did. What a great example to us.

Ephesians 4:25 says: “We are members one of another.”  The body of Christ, which we are, is supposed to work together, “the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love” (Eph 4:16).

If we as leaders in any aspect of life can start to apply this kind of thinking, we not only shatter the glass ceiling we’ve put on others, but we will also open windows that bring back blessings from them to us. The flow or circle of blessings can then go unhindered and how much easier and smoother our lives will be.

Some of the scriptures I pray to break through glass ceilings are as follows:

Ephesians 1:17-19 “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints.”

3 John 1:2 “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

2 Thessalonians 1:3 “Your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.”

Ephesians 4:11-12 “And he gave some apostles; and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some pastors and teachers.”

Isaiah 54:13 “And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.”

I know I’m not unique in that people irritate me at times and I don’t have the most loving thoughts toward them.  But when I read these scriptures, like I just did, I can change my mind and see annoying humans in a new way and act better toward them. After all, it is God’s will and Jesus’ command, “love one another as I have loved you” (John 13:34). I’m looking forward to tomorrow and I already have a better attitude tonight.

(I wrote this last night J)

Love, Carolyn 

Get more helpful life tips in other chapters of my book too. Available from Amazon. Just look under my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment