Sunday, November 30, 2014

THE DEVIL WILL NEVER CLICK THE "LIKE" BUTTON

I went into the Starbucks and sat down to read the Bible and write. I looked up and this creepy guy was staring at me from outside. I tried to ignore him, but every time I looked up, there he was with big googly eyes looking right at me! Yuk. I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing so I moved out of his line of vision. But then he came inside and sat right in the big easy chair that focused right on me! I couldn’t get a thing done and wasn’t smart enough to just turn my back on him or get out of there. I lost that battle.

The next several times when I went to study and write, similar things happened with different people at different locations. I got wise to what the devil was doing. He always goes too far and I catch him and nail him. The devil is never on our side! And to those of you who are Facebook users, the devil never clicks the “like” button for you. We are in a constant war with him.

In the end we win, but in each battle we need God’s wisdom of what to do. A person in the military or any competitive sport knows that battles get fought and won by different strategies. Winners are people who can hold out mentally. Often, as in tennis, the competitors’ skills are equal, but the ultimate winner is the one who endures mentally.

Our strategy is the wisdom of God. So the next time you get attacked, don’t let it go on for too long like I did, but go to God right away and find out His strategy for the battle. “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Rom 8:37).

Love, Carolyn


Any one of my books would make a great Christmas gift. Check them out on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment