Sunday, September 27, 2015

THE DEVIL WILL NEVER CLICK YOUR "LIKE" BUTTON

Have you ever noticed how things can be going along really well and then the devil tries to invade your space and sneak something in on you? Until 3 months ago I had a wonderful exterminator girl. She was cheerful, came on the right day and always asked if there was more she could do. Then she got promoted.  

The new exterminator guy came for two months and then on the third month I went outside to meet him. He immediately started huffing about how long my grass was in the back and how he has a difficult time ducking under my clothes line every time and the patio! Don’t even mention the patio. He has to actually walk around on the patio and go under the trellis. He’s tall and I’m short, so when he goes under the trellis I think some of the flowering vines hit him. He just could not stop complaining.

Well, yesterday he was supposed to come and he didn’t show up. The Lord says he’s fired. I don’t need that kind of person coming every month and putting those curses on my house!

About a year ago I was regularly going into the Starbucks to read the Bible and write. It was fine until one day when I was there, I looked up and this creepy guy was staring at me from outside. I tried to ignore him, but every time I looked up, there he was with big googly eyes looking right at me! Yuk. I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing so I moved out of his line of vision. But then he came inside and sat right in the big easy chair that focused right on me! I couldn’t get a thing done and wasn’t smart enough to just turn my back on him or get out of there. I lost that battle.

The next several times when I went to study and write, similar things happened with different people at different locations. I got wise to what the devil was doing. He always goes too far and I catch him and nail him. The devil is never on our side! And to those of you who are Facebook users, the devil never clicks the “like” button for you. We are in a constant war with him.

In the end we win, but in each battle we need God’s wisdom of what to do. A person in the military or any competitive sport knows that battles get fought and won by different strategies. Winners are people who figure out the strategies that work. Often, as in tennis, the competitors’ skills are equal, but the ultimate winner is the one who endures mentally.

Our strategy is the wisdom of God. “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” (James 1:5). So the next time the devil tries to invade your space or you get attacked, don’t let it go on for too long. Go to the Lord right away and find out His strategy for the battle. “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Rom 8:37).


Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment