Sunday, February 14, 2016

"HIS COMPASSIONS, THEY FAIL NOT"


It’s been a difficult two weeks: illness in the family, new work environment, just a pile of difficult circumstances. So when I came home after lunch yesterday I was feeling depleted and took a long nap. Who do you think was with me?

My little dog Peanut, full of unconditional love. It doesn’t matter if I’m grumpy, exhausted, preoccupied; he’s right there by me to snuggle and give kisses.

When I got up from my nap and came out to sit in the living room, Peanut jumped up on the chair with me. At night Snickers, our 16-year-old cat, waits in Jane’s room for her. When she gets comfortable, or sometimes even before she gets settled, he’s up on her, close enough to feel her breath on his face.

I think God created animals to give us more examples of His love for us.

“His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23). That’s God talking about Himself but isn’t it just like how our pets treat us? Faithful with love no matter what?

“He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Heb 13:5).  If we only knew the Lord as being half as attentive and loving as some of our pets, right?

Not only does Peanut hardly ever leave my side when I’m home, but when Jane comes to pick me up to work and Peanut is in the car, he jumps up and down and scratches and squeaks at the window for me to hurry up and throw my bag in the back and get in the car so he can give me wet kisses all over.

Who created pets? God, because He loves us.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love, Carolyn
Please put in a prayer for the steady progress on my next book. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment