Sunday, April 3, 2016

DO YOU EVER GET IMPATIENT WITH GOD?

One day about a month ago I got a letter in the mail from the insurance company, saying they weren’t going to insure my house anymore because of the roof. As you can imagine, I was horrified. I prayed, but as the weeks passed and there was one delay after another, I got impatient with the Lord.

My “Imp”-patience let the imps into my situation and messed with my head. I was very bothered by this whole thing and worried that the insurance company was going to drop me. I let my mind get all wrapped up around this thing and I had lost my trust in the Lord, until one morning.

I was reading 2 Timothy 2:26 that says, “They may recover [awake] themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will,” and I said, “That’s me! I need to wake up!” I realized that after I’d prayed about the roof situation, I let circumstances of delay get in the way and I took the problem back on myself.

Instantly I got the picture in my mind of a little girl who had been horribly abused. She didn’t have the means to fight back. She was scared and had no idea what to do. Jesus took her hand and gently led her to safety, and away from the trauma. She went with Him. She knew to trust Him.

In that moment I knew to trust Him entirely too. I let go of all my consternation. I believed in the depth of my heart that even if they dropped my insurance, it would still work out the best for me somehow. I was able to release all my worry.

I was able to patiently wait and only do what the Lord Jesus told me to do and I was amazingly worry-free. Finally, my local insurance lady called me to tell me she could see on the computer that they were going to renew my insurance.

Once I released my anxiety and impatience about the insurance, to the Lord, the devil tried to throw several smaller worry “hooks” my way. But I wasn’t biting.

Now I pray, stay calm and patiently wait on the Lord and I trust Him because I believe He really does love me.

One time Daniel in the Bible was waiting for an answer to prayer and he was getting anxious like we do sometimes. When the answer came, the angel who happened to be bringing the answer, told Daniel that he had been delayed because of some very strong devil spirit in the area of Persia, “but Michael, one of the chief [of the celestial] princes, came to help me” (Dan. 10:13).

Did you ever think about the fact that the good angels bringing our answers can get delayed in battles with evil spirits who don’t want us to get our deliverance, or our healing or whatever it is that we are praying for? That’s another great reason to have a little patience.

Anxiety only makes bad things happen to our minds, our emotions, and our bodies as well. I’ve recently added Philippians 4:6-7 to the verses I say in the morning: “Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The Amplified Bible has an extended translation of these verses that is pretty awesome:
Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].

Lazarus’ sisters got very anxious and disturbed when Jesus didn’t come immediately to answer their prayers about their brother. Not only did Jesus not come right away, but in those days of waiting, Lazarus died. But Jesus was not being lax. He was just doing as His Father God was showing Him to do.

Sometimes Jesus doesn’t seem to show up to give us our answers either, but it doesn’t mean He’s not concerned. We still need to trust Him. When Jesus did come, not only did Lazarus come alive again, but it was a spectacular witness to some of the unbelieving Jews that were there. “He that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, ‘Loose him, and let him go.’ Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him” (John 11:44-45).

I think that a lot of times the Lord just wants us to slow down our own bravado and let Him work. When we slow down our own works, he shows us His marvelous works, which also to build our trust in Him even more.

I love the record of Jehoshaphat in Second Chronicles 20. Jehoshaphat was about to be attacked by three nations at once. He prayed, “O our God, we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee (vs. 12). The word from God was, “Ye shall not need to fight in this battle; set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you” (vs.17). Verse 22 tells us the people began to sing and praise, because they honestly trusted it would work out. We definitely need to do that more: sing and praise before we see the final result, just because we totally put our trust in HIM.

God worked an amazing miracle. The three nations began to fight each other, “And when Judah came toward the watchtower, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth and none escaped” (vs.24). Not only was there no threat anymore, but for some reason the enemy brought lots of rich treasure with them to the battle and guess who got the treasures? That’s right, God’s people who trusted Him.

Let’s not get impatient, but be more like those who sing and praise even before the results are final, because we totally obey and trust the Lord.

Love, Carolyn

GET SAMPLE BOOK FREE ON AMAZON or FREE pdf file cjmolica@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment