Sunday, June 12, 2016

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD


My friend Wendy was in a bind with the deadline on some of the props she was painting for a large Summer Festival. She asked if I could help her today and even though I had planned to do something else, I said yes. Wendy is a good friend and I knew she really needed the help. So that’s what I’ve been doing from 6 a.m. this morning till 6 p.m. tonight.

The Bible tells us that we need to “be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving our own selves” (James 1:22).

What is the benefit, my fellow believers, if someone claims to have faith but has no [good] works [as evidence]? Can that [kind of] faith save him? [No, a mere claim of faith is not sufficient—genuine faith produces good works.]

If a brother or sister is without [adequate] clothing and lacks [enough] food for each day, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace [with my blessing], [keep] warm and feed yourselves,” but he does not give them the necessities for the body, what good does that do?” (James 2:14-16).

So I helped my friend Wendy today and we worked really hard and through some difficult upsets, but we did it together and it was a blessed day.


Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment