Sunday, November 20, 2016

GOD WORKS WHILE WE SLEEP

GOD WORKS WHILE WE SLEEP
“Behold, He [God] who keeps Israel [and us] shall neither slumber nor sleep.” God is Spirit and He doesn't sleep. We, as Spiritual beings, don't sleep either, but it's our body and soul that do need the sleep while we're here on earth. If we sleep three hours out of 24, it's an eighth of our day. If we sleep eight hours, that’s a quarter of our day taken up! How can we make those sleeping hours count spiritually? Two ways: understanding our dreams and planting night seeds.

Night seeds: The thing that is so amazing and awesome is that Spiritual faith can work through the night, uninhibited by our doubtful, fearful and oh-so-rational minds! Things are working in our unconscious, spiritual hearts, freely.

We may have to do a little preparation work first, like praying a couple scriptures from Psalm 91 about protection: Verse 1: “He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Or verse 7: “A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come nigh me.” Isaiah 54:17 is also a good one: “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.”

Then we can go for it. The two following sections of scripture are vital to me in getting great results from planting night seeds:

Jesus taught this: Mark 4:26-27: “And he said, ‘So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.” Notice that Jesus said the man planted the seed, then he immediately went to sleep! I just love that.

If we plant seeds right before we go to sleep, no rationale or emotional reaction can get in the way to block our faith! Who we are spiritually as sons and daughters of God Almighty, and our relationship with His son Jesus goes ahead to work while our bodies and souls take a rest, and the solutions come, the seeds sprout.

Then the second vital verse is Psalm 17:15: “I shall be satisfied when I awake with thy likeness.” I looked up the Hebrew word for “likeness” so that I could better understand this verse. It is “temuwnah” and in this context it means “what You [God] have fashioned,” what You [God] have formed,” “the manifestation of Your favor.”

So this verse is saying that when I wake up, I’m going to be blessed by what You, Lord, have been doing in the night. You’ve worked with my spiritual night seed and WOW, it’s sprouting!

I only learned this principle this week and already am seeing great results. Let me give you a couple examples from the last few days:

I got a last minute invitation to a Christmas party. I’d already scheduled a hair appointment for several days after the party. When I called to re-schedule, there were no appointments available. After more than a week went by, I started getting a little worried. I decided to try out my new discovery of planting a night seed. In light of the worry I was feeling, I knew I needed peace about whatever the result would be with my hair. So I claimed John 14:27, which says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Even though I was feeling stressed, I prayed and planted this peace seed. When I opened my cell phone first thing in the morning, I had a text from my hairdresser offering to do my hair on a Saturday. Not only did I get an appointment, but it was on a perfect day, so I didn’t have to miss any work.

My best friend Jane also planted a night seed. Her seed was concerning business. She didn’t get out her Bible and read the scriptures, but she told God His own story back to Him about the lepers outside the wall in Samaria. (It’s in 2 Kings 7). There was a great famine in the city because it was surrounded by an enemy army, cutting off the food supply. The lepers did as they were inspired by God and He did a miracle. The enemy fled, leaving all the food and goods behind. The next day, the famine was gone and the commerce thriving!

When Jane woke up the next morning, there were more downloads on her promotion than there had been in the last three promotions!

This stuff works. Remember, Spirit continues to work while we sleep. Let’s make our sleep count in a spiritual way to enhance our lives.

Love, Carolyn

(There will be more Bible truths about dreams and visions in later articles.)

How about putting some of my books and booklets on your Christmas list? They are inexpensive and valuable gifts for yourself or someone you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment