Sunday, December 18, 2016

DELIGHT

 
DELIGHT
My best friend Jane wrote this in a recent letter: “The Bible says that for everything there is a season. There have been so many seasons in my life and they have bridged the gamut from absolute disaster to delight beyond my wildest expectations. But in this season, right now, I am beginning to experience the harvester and the sower passing each other. My prayer requests and heart's desires are beginning to run and chase me down. This is so new the baby is still crowning on the way out.”

As it says in Amos 9:13: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him who sows the seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine and all the hills shall melt [that is, everything heretofore barren and unfruitful shall overflow with spiritual blessing] [AMP].

This is what God spoke to the Israelites after they’d spent a long time in captivity and struggle. They yearned for deliverance and the blessings they’d once known. I think we all go through times when we yearn for better times, without so many struggles, a purer time of happy days and more delight.

The Message Bible puts it this way: “Yes indeed, it won’t be long now. God’s Decree. Things are going to happen so fast your head will swim, one thing fast on the heels of the other. You won’t be able to keep up. Everything will be happening at once—and everywhere you look, blessings! Blessings like wine pouring off the mountains and hills. I’ll make everything right again for my people: They’ll rebuild their ruined cities. They’ll plant vineyards and drink good wine. They’ll work their gardens and eat fresh vegetables. And I’ll plant them, plant them on their own land. They’ll never again be uprooted from the land I’ve given them. God, your God, says so.

That’s exciting and I believe that’s what’s happening now for God’s people around the world. We can expect restoration. “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed” (Joel 2:25-26).

And new things: Isaiah 48: 6-7 says: “From this time forth I announce to you new things, hidden things that you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, ‘Behold, I knew them.’”

These new blessings that God and the Lord Jesus have for us are so new we won’t be able to attribute them to anything but the sheer magnitude of God’s love for us. We are going to start getting some prayers answered and new blessings before we even get the requests out of our mouths. I’ve started to see it happen, so I expect it to spread.   

Get your delight list out. I think it’s going to be a long one!

Love, Carolyn
CHRISTMAS IS HERE : GET VOLUME 1  WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH or VOLUME 2 WINGS: JOURNEY WITH JESUS TO START OFF 2017 ON THE BEST CHRISTIAN ADVENTURE EVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment