Sunday, January 29, 2017

THE LORD SAYS WE CAN "TAKE UP SERPENTS"

THE LORD SAYS WE CAN “TAKE UP SERPENTS”
A few years ago I went to get my hearing checked. The doctor briefly looked at my ears, which were fine, then arrogantly went on to say, “Your nasal passages are partially blocked, but I guess you’ve learned to live with that.” Did I need to hear his negative report? NO! But once we hear something, it’s hard to un-hear it. The devil counts on that. He’ll bring up the bad report as often as he can, to hurt us or make us afraid.

Psalm 140:3 tells us: “They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” Even if people don’t mean it, their words can be used as powerful curses against us.

I got laryngitis over the Christmas holiday and went to the doctor as soon as I got home. The meds took care of it. But somehow it seemed to linger on. The devil was happy to remind me of what the doctor had said about my nasal passages and those awful words (curses) spoken against me, along with me thinking I was feeling some fluid down deep in my lungs, well, it started to get me fearful. I even went and got some expectorant, but there was no fluid in my lungs to bring up. Something was not right.

So this morning I had my roommate Jane pray for me. When she finished, I knew there was one more thing to do. We rebuked a spiritual snake that had gotten ahold of me. It wasn’t scary or weird, no ectoplasm or anything like that. We just spoke the words and spiritually knew it was done. Very awesome. The Spirit of the Lord led us to pull the snake out and cut its head off.

When Jesus appeared back on earth after He was raised from the dead, He met with His eleven disciples and gave them what has been called, The Great Commission.

“And he said unto them, ‘Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover’” (Mark 16: 15,17,18).

Everybody knows about the first part, to preach the gospel, but we don’t seem to know much about the other parts. I looked up the words “take up,” concerning serpents. They mean, “to draw up like you’d pull a fish up out of water,” “to take off or away something that is attached,” and “to remove.” Today we took up that serpent, right out of me. Snakes are sneaky and deceptive, like the snake in the Garden of Eden. They are liars. This snake was telling me I had something still wrong with my lungs and larynx and it brought back the words of that doctor as well, but it was all a lie!

I’ve heard of other people having that happen too. They had a car accident or something in the past and the snakes brought up the thoughts, the emotions and even the symptoms from the incident, but it was all a lie. As soon as the revelation came from the Lord that it was a snake, they rebuked it and pulled it off and the symptoms instantly went away. Praise God.

In Acts 28 Paul and others were shipwrecked on an island. Paul literally pulled off a venomous serpent.

“The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold. Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand.

“When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, ‘This man must be a murderer; for though he escaped from the sea, the goddess Justice has not allowed him to live.’

“But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead; but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god” (Acts 28: 2-6).

Psalm 91:13 says: “You will overpower the strongest lions and the most deadly snakes.

Even from the time of Adam and Eve, snakes have been around to trick mankind by lies and deception. We even use the phrase today, “He (or she) is such a snake!” Revelation 12: 9 calls the adversary, “that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world.”

Satan was able to deceive me by using a real sickness (laryngitis) mixed with the cursing words of that doctor, to set me up with a spiritual snake to keep me thinking something was physically wrong with me. But the Lord once again set me free.

Don’t let the snakes bite you!

Love, Carolyn

This weekend thru Tuesday, my first book, WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH is       !!!FREE!!!  60 great short true stories of God’s love and help to us in our everyday circumstances and dilemmas!



If you don’t have Kindle, I will send you a FREE pdf file for downloading onto your device. cjmolica@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment