Wednesday, March 8, 2017

JOY IN THE MORNING

JOY IN THE MORNING
Today was a terrible day at work. I’m glad I didn’t let my mouth say what was blaring in my head. At least I had that much self-control. I could have flattened someone in about in a minute with the words no one got the hear. I tried just about everything I could do to stay calm, be reasonable, get the peace of God working in me, but it wasn’t working. I was angry beyond the circumstances and I didn’t know why. I’m so glad it doesn’t happen very often, but when it does I’ve learned to just hold my tongue and get through the day.

When I get in that state, I know it’s deeper than what’s just on the surface. It affects me so that I even forget to ask the Lord what’s going on. My emotions start ruling, so I’m not in a good receiving state to get the Lord’s antidote either. But once I calm down, and I always do, He tells me why I got so upset.

Sometimes it’s not even so much something inside me, as it is a reaction to the bigger atmosphere around me. Have you ever noticed that when the atmosphere around you gets agitated, you tend to get agitated as well? It’s contagious.

But one thing I always know is that God’s favor is on me and David says in Psalm 30:5: “In his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning” (Ps. 30:5). I’ve always found that to be true.

In the next verse David declares: “And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved” (Ps. 30:6). When we really trust the scripture, we will always be rich on the inside. To know that we can have a terrible day and that God will see to it that the next morning will be better, is a true treasure. A big part of being prosperous is knowing and experiencing how fast God can turn things around for us.

When I calm down after a particularly rough day, I pray to the Lord that He will show me what happened and why. Even if I don’t find out all the answers right away, I know that the next morning I won’t be angry.

David was in a much worse situation than me. Time and time again, people were after him to kill him and he not only had hope of joy in the morning, but he believed it with all his heart. He knew the value of joy in the morning after a bad day. We have so many things in our world that we can’t trust, but, like David, we can always trust Almighty God that what He says is true.

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”

If God says we can have joy in the morning, then we can. Who are we to argue with God? Wouldn’t that be sin? Rebellion?  

So my lousy day is behind me and I will be praying for answers as to why and how and what to do to avoid whatever it was that made me angry. Now I am calm, thank God. My morning will be great.

Love, Carolyn

FREE NOW :      “A DEVIL ON EVERY DOOR KNOB”  STUDY BOOKLETS .  Great chapters, including:

“SONS OF BELIAL PART 5 – PETE SHOWS US HOW TO GET BACK UP,” “GOD HAS THE PERFECT ANSWER TO A PERFECT STORM,” “THE DARE-DEVIL DEMON,” “THE BATTLE AGAINST SPIRITUAL PRICKS AND THORNS” AND” JEZEBEL ISN’T JUST ABOUT SEXY SEDUCTION”


http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=WINGS%20Carolyn%20molica&linkCode=ur2&tag=jmbcsds-20&linkId=XQMVLVZYNBLYAGEM

No comments:

Post a Comment