Sunday, July 16, 2017

BLESSINGS FOR OLDER SINGLE WOMEN

BLESSINGS FOR OLDER SINGLE WOMEN
I thought I’d be married and have children by the time I was 25. By the time I was 35 I realized I might not be getting married at all—the guys I liked, didn’t like me; the guys who liked me, I didn’t like. So I determined to be happy being single. Then the Lord directed me to Isaiah 54 and showed me the scriptures to take into my heart that would be my “go to” scriptures ever since. If you or anyone you know is an older woman and single, don’t despair, the Lord has provided tremendous blessings for us. Even though these passages are Old Testament, Romans 15:4 tells us we should learn from them: “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Here’s the section of scripture that the Lord gave me:

“Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord” (Is. 54:1). A husband, children, then grandchildren, are a priority to women who have their own families, but single women can take on spiritual children, in prayer and I find that is true in my writing, as well.

Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more” (vv.2-4).

Now this is amazing:

“For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called” (v.5). It doesn’t get much better than that!

If you take the time to look up “the Lord of Hosts” in a Concordance, it is the same as the Lord of Sabaoth. In this aspect, God is the powerful leader and chief of all the angels (hosts), including the warring angels, the prosperity angels, the protecting angels, all of them.

The Lord of Hosts is also the commander and chief of all creation, all the elements that make up the earth, and that make up our physical bodies. All the laws of physics, chemistry, microbiology, all of that is under His direction. It is the Lord of Sabaoth who brings the elements together for miraculous healings. He is the one who created those things and He orchestrates, directs and pulls together what is needed in any situation. He is the mighty fixer.

In the New Testament, James 5:4 tells us the Lord of Sabaoth is the one who makes sure the rightful payment for work we do, gets to us: “Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.” You do not want to mess with the Lord of Sabaoth.

It is the Lord of Sabaoth who caused the utter destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. “And as Esaias said before, ‘Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodom, and been made like unto Gomorrah’” (Rom. 9:29).

But the other side of the Lord of Sabaoth is His extreme kindness. His fire and His might is extreme, but so is His kindness. His mercy rescued Lot and his family, even though they had compromised on His Word and were living by choice in an evil place and by evil ways. God sent his angels to bring Lot out of Sodom before the destruction hit it.

The name for God, as the Lord of Hosts, is the one He chose to use here in Isaiah. “For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.”

So what else does the Lord have to say on the subject?

For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God” (v.6). This part is a little hurtful, but not to worry.

“For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer” (vv.7-8).

The next few verses have some great things to say too, some that I understand and some that I don’t, but I want to go on to the last four scriptures.

“In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee” (v.14). What a great promise, right?

“Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy” (vv.15-16). The Lord of Sabaoth will not let anyone hurt us. This is an awesome scripture to take hold of and believe with all our hearts!

And the last verse of Isaiah 54 is monumental: “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord” (v. 17).

Don’t fret or be sorry you older single women. Our God has prepared an amazingly wonderful life, hand-crafted just for us. We are not forsaken, but chosen and favored.

Love, Carolyn


EXCITING SUMMERTIME TRUE STORIES:


No comments:

Post a Comment