Wednesday, October 11, 2017

SRETCHING OUT OUR PRAYER INFLUENCE

STRETCHING OUT OUR PRAYER INFLUENCE
This past Sunday, a fire started in Sonoma County California. The winds were whirling up sparks and sending them off to start more fires, playing an evil game of leapfrog over the land. I got word that 38 separate fires were raging, and they were getting closer to where my family and friends live. I was urged by the Holy Spirit to alert my Christian friends to pray. After I sent out messages, my niece reported that the winds had died down and the humid ocean air came in. They were safe. I figured I was done with my part and I sent the good news to the friends who prayed. I was pretty satisfied with everything, but God was not!

I’m sure we’ve all done this: We feel like we’re finished with what we want to pray about, and we say Amen, and we’re done. But the Lord may not be finished with what He wants us to pray about. I think I need to start asking, “Is there anything more, Lord?”

Today, Wednesday, there are still fires raging. My family is safe, but many others are not. There are still 21 separate fires raging in the area, and I need to pump up my prayer until God says it’s finished. Yes, I’m guilty of figuring since my family’s safe, I’m done and can go on to other things. But it’s not over til it’s over with the Lord.

For a long time, Jane and I have been praying this prayer of Jabez: “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, ‘Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!’ And God granted him that which he requested.” (1 Chron. 4:10)

Today God granted my request in the form of enlarging my coast in the form of prayer coverage. God isn’t satisfied with me stopping with my immediate family and friends in this situation. He wants me to go further, as a warrior for His people.

The Bible also says: “Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes” (Is. 54:2). Now I believe this also includes our prayer coverage.

So please join me in stretching our prayer out over more space, more lives. James 5:16 tells us: “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” “Effectual fervent” means it’s operative and has outward success. Outward success is what God will give us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, every knee must bow, according to Philippians 2:10: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.” Wind is a thing here on earth. Jesus told the wind to be still. In His name, we do the same.

I command the wind to stop, and I pray for great wisdom to come upon the men and women fighting the fire. God give them the grace to prevail. Refresh their souls and provide insight. I call miracles upon your people now in Jesus’ mighty name, Christians and non-Christians alike. I ask You, God, to show yourself mighty, forgiving, loving, full of mercy and grace toward your people, their pets, their livestock, and their land. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen. And I know You will do it.

Love, Carolyn

And thanks everyone for your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment