Sunday, November 18, 2018

PERSONAL BIBLE CHALLENGE

A PERSONAL BIBLE CHALLENGE
I left my 20-year-old Bible at work on Friday. It has all my favorite scriptures marked and my notes in the margins. The paper is oilskin, and it’s thin, so I’ve had to tape up lots of rips over the years. I repaired the cover and binding once, and now it’s ragged again, so I figured this was the perfect time to get a new Bible. I found out that getting a new Bible gives me the opportunity to get more intimate with God. Why? Because, instead of copying all my underlining and notes, I’m taking on a new personal challenge.

I’m going to sit down quietly, where I won’t be distracted, and check out my heart. I want to see which scriptures or sections of scripture come to the forefront. Of course, I’m trusting the Lord to be with me and guide me in this project. Already I have some scriptures in mind, and I know the first one I need to mark. It’s interesting that the first scripture God brought to mind is not one that I say every day. So I’m excited to see where this challenge goes.

What about buying yourself a new Bible as an early Christmas gift, and join me in this Bible adventure?

There are scriptures we all know by heart, but do we know where to find them, in case we want to show them to someone? Taking this challenge can help us with that.

There are so many blessings I believe we’ll get out of doing this “New Bible Challenge.” Don’t get all religious and legalistic about it either. Let it flow and have fun with it. Like it says in John 3:8: “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”  

Born of God’s Spirit by believing in the miracle of Christ.

We can open a brand-new Bible and a fresh new start.  

Love, Carolyn

If you haven’t read my first book, here is PART 3 FREE! It’s part 3, but the stories stand alone. You don’t have to read them in order. If you don’t get Amazon, then let me know and I’ll send a FREE PDF file 😊 cjmolica@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment