Wednesday, December 26, 2018

THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN MEN

  
“THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN MEN”
The card Marie sent me for my birthday this year made me laugh so hard. I saved it and now and it’s the perfect picture for today’s message. The cat looks so goofy as he’s about to “boldly go to an age he’s never been before.” The Bible says: “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise” (1 Cor. 1:27). How foolish is it to think we can go into 2019 with a clean slate? But according to God’s Word, we can start fresh.

When God looks at us through Calvary, He doesn’t see 2018 or anything behind. WHAT??! That’s right. God is so thrilled that we believed Jesus took our sins away on the cross, that He forgives and forgets every time. He may look foolish to some, but does He care? Nope, Not one bit. Because “the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men” (1 Cor. 1:25).

God gave us His precious son Jesus, and He sees us through the blood of Jesus. His love is radical, unfailing love, and He sees us as his beloved sons and daughters right along with Jesus too. 1 John 3:2: “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

So what about the past? What about 2018? Proverbs 13:12 tells us: “Hope deferred maketh the heart sick.” We hoped for a lot of things in 2018 and they didn’t happen the way we wanted or as fast as we wanted, so we got discouraged, angry, and disappointed. We felt defeated and unstable, rejected, full of turbulence, and/or heaviness. Many lost hope because they weren’t seeing results.

But just because something is delayed, doesn’t mean it’s declined. When we feel like we’ve lost hope, our hearts get sick. But faith is the voice of victory, and that’s where we need to be: in faith, not sick at heart.

We need an exit strategy. If God forgives and forgets, then we need to do the same.

He tells us in Jeremiah 31:33-34: “They shall be my people. . . . They shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”


God gives us the freedom to be able to accept a clean slate. How awesome is that? No need to keep battling the wounds of rejection, disappointment or discouragement. He’s opening new doors and large doors. “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me” (1 Cor. 16:9).

And all things are made new. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Cor. 5:17).

I love that card that Marie gave me. As silly as that cat looks, he’s definitely got the right idea!

Love, Carolyn
Much of this message is paraphrased from my notes on a teaching I listened to on Youtube by Ryan LeStrange. It was a message I needed to hear, so I figured I wasn't the only one ðŸ˜Š
You can find my books and booklets on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment